Rig Manager Won't Install after reinstalling windows 10

• So, after re-installing windows 10, when I try to re-install Rig Manager I get the message 'Error, failed to create directory C:/Users/Appdata' and it stops the program from being installed.

I have tried: changing the permissions of the AppData folder, changing the permissions of the installer itself, running the installer as administrator, running older versions of Rig Manager, using the Take Ownership command and removing all previous cached data. None seem to work, and it is annoying because I wanna make sure the program works before I buy black Friday tones.

Can anyone help? ;(

• Does this folder already exist?

C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Kemper Amps

If so, perhaps it's a leftover from the previous installation? Try removing or renaming that folder.

Does the error actually say 'Error, failed to create directory C:/Users/Appdata' or does the path also include your username? eg. 'Error, failed to create directory C:/Users/JesusJoe7/Appdata' ?

• No, the folder doesn't exist, I have removed all traces of Rig Manager on my computer to make sure I can do a completely clean installation. And the path includes my PCs username as well, it's the correct path to Appdata, it's such an odd issue

• Seems you've tried a lot of steps already like making sure you are the Owner of the AppData folder and have full control of everything below it.

My last ditch effort in those cases is usually trying a program like 'ProcMon'

Download here

This will constantly log exactly what your system is doing (as in, which files or regkeys it is opening/modifying/creating).

It's a bit advanced but just start it up after you open the Rigmanager setup and then pause it straight away by clicking the magnifying glass because it logs a ton of stuff off the bat.

press CTRL+L to go to Filters and add msiexec.exe as an inclusion (it will only show stuff that the installer does):

Then unpause by clicking the magnifiying glass again. Then run the installation until you hit the error. Pause Procmon again and then analyze the results.

In your case you are mostly looking for rows where the Result is NOT Success. You can EXCLUDE Results by right clicking it:

You can also exclude all Registry Operations in the same way since the problem probably isn't located there (in the filter menu):

I've reinstalled RigManager as a test myself and I see that it's touching the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp folder a lot.

Maybe check the content or permissions there?

Try Windows Key + R and enter %temp% to see if perhaps there is an issue there (as in; does it correctly go to the above folder):

• I appreciate the amount of time you put into helping me mate thank you!

Here is a screenshot from ProcMon, there seems to be a lot of 'NAME NOT FOUND'

And I am getting quite a few 'FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS

I am not sure what to do with this information.
    I did try deleting all traces in Local/Temp but that was to no avail also.

• if you'd like you can export the trace from ProcMon and send it via WeTransfer perhaps in a private message? I'll gladly take a look.

I see MsMpEng.exe doing some stuff there too. That's Windows Defender, perhaps try disabling it during the installation?