7.5.4 OS download no longer available?

• Out of interest, why do you want to rewind fw version?

Hey there Slateboy.

I had a couple of minor glitches since updating to OS 8.

1. Profiler Stage went wonky upon power-up @ last rehearsal. Sound was extremely thin and distorted and none of the controls worked. Sounded like an old transistor radio.

I rebooted and then everything was fine.

2. Wah would not engage with the toe switch on the expression pedal the other day.

All cables and settings checked out fine.

Rebooted, and again, all was fine afterward.

Each of those issues only presented once (at different times) and have not presented again.

Never had any problems with 7.5.4.

It's hard to say if the OS 8 had anything to do with those or not but I have been reading a lot about different issues folks are having with the new OS.

So from a reliability standpoint, I'm reverting back to 7.5.4.

If the above mentioned issues present again with 7.5.4, then I will know it wasn't OS 8 related and may then have to submit a ticket.

• However, I am curious as to why this is no longer up on the website. I see other older versions on there, but not 7.5.4.

Why is that?

If you read the explanations for each OS and RM version up there, Troy, you'll see that what's offered are upgrade-path versions for the Profiler OS (must have version x installed before updating to version y), the latest versions of Rig Manager that're compatible with various older Windows and Mac operating systems and the Profiler OS versions they require.

• If you read the explanations for each OS and RM version up there, Troy, you'll see that what's offered are upgrade-path versions for the Profiler OS (must have version x installed before updating to version y), the latest versions of Rig Manager that're compatible with various older Windows and Mac operating systems and the Profiler OS versions they require.

Hey Monkey Man,

I don't quite follow what you mean.

But.....after I re-installed the 7.5 OS yesterday (via usb stick), the results were actually less than pleasing.

All controls functioned perfectly but my profiles didnt sound quite right. The profiles didn't sound horrible by any stretch, they just sounded a little less refined.

Is OS 8 more refined sounding than 7.5? Maybe something went screwy during the downgrading process, I don't know.

Regardless, I was a little put off by the difference in sound so I re-installed OS 8. and all sounds great again.

I wonder if anyone else has downgraded to a previous version and noticed a difference in sound quality?

Hopefully I don't experience any more glitches, but if I do, I will certainly let you all know.

Thanks for all you help.

• ....after I re-installed the 7.5 OS yesterday (via usb stick), the results were actually less than pleasing.

All controls functioned perfectly but my profiles didnt sound quite right. The profiles didn't sound horrible by any stretch, they just sounded a little less refined.

Is OS 8 more refined sounding than 7.5? Maybe something went screwy during the downgrading process, I don't know.

Regardless, I was a little put off by the difference in sound so I re-installed OS 8. and all sounds great again.

The sound doesn't change from OS to OS. Either it was in your head (confirmation bias) or a setting changed for some reason, Troy.

I don't quite follow what you mean.

I'll break it down for you then, Troy:

Upgrade-path versions - Required as stepping stones in order to update to later Kemper OS versions.

Latest versions of Rig Manager that're compatible with older Windows and Mac operating systems - Self-explanatory.

The Profiler OS versions they require - These older versions of Rig Managers' compatible Kemper OS versions for the Profiler.

This is what appears to be the reasoning behind the legacy versions offered on the site AFAICT.

• I must admit, i was happily running 7.5, gigged a couple of times and no problem most of this year.

V8 was made “official release “ so I thought, no gigs fora bit lets do it and check out the new kemper overdrive.

Within half an hour i had a nasty crash which, like yourself, dented my confidence and I seriously contemplated going back to 7.5. I like all my gear to be dependable.

I contacted support who were very responsive and offered a solution to an issue they spotted in my system (may not be applicable to everyone) reassuring they have done so.

I believe if there was an issue more users would be chirping up on these forums highlighting any flaws found.

Ultimately, the more hours of running crash-free the more my confidence builds.