Any Fryette LX II users here?

• I love my PS-2 ... 50 watts isn't providing enough headroom? Yikes! you play some really big rooms. In my 4 piece band playing outside I don't get close to driving the PS-2 into power tube distortion. I do like the fact that the LXII provides stereo output -- that would be a nice option.

• GCNC8068 it is loud and very good tone, but like a real amp 100w Always sounds better. It pushes more air and I always use 4x12's so that's part of it. In larger rooms the PS2 is good but I believe it could be better.

Just looking for corroboration!

• Huge real tube power amp fan here. Digging my PS-2 but wondering about more headroom. Anyone using the LXII ?

I have been running the LXII stereo into two Kemper Kabs and the results are nothing short of amazing. I have some really nice tube amps and everyone that comes over prefers the Kemper set up because of the LXII. Worth every penny!

• GCNC8068 yes 2 monitor output cables to the inputs on the LX II

I will say the PS2 and the LX sound different. With the LX you have a greater tonal variance with the Kemper and the power amp. for instance you need to push the volume on the Kemper to get more pre amp gain tone and then keep the LX closer to 2 o'clock. Above 2 and the tone cleans ups indicative of the power amp tube volume that is clearer. what I did not like was the top end presence that comes with that power tube amp volume, easily fixed by keeping it closer to 2 o'clock and pushing the pre amp tone at the stage!

with the said volume at 2 o'clock and the stage at noon the cab is pushing some serious air and thump no 'baked in' power amp is ever going to come close to. It sounds KILLER!!!!

• You're welcome.

No imprints via the Main Outs.

GCNC8068  Kempermaniac

Sorry for the confusion guys. I was, um, inebriated when I incorrectly stated I was using the MAIN OUTS. As Kempermaniac stated, you use the MON OUT with the addition DIRECT OUT configured in Monitor Stereo. I set all of this up back in April so I had already forgotten.

WolfsLair is dead on about the LXII. The presence can be a little much but it wasn't enough to turn me off using tubes for the power amp. You might find yourself taming the high end on the EQ a little bit. Regardless, I tried the Kemper with multiple power amps, including the PS2, a Mesa 2:90, Matrix GT1000, and one other that escapes me. Nothing else came close to matching the LXII. I have another buddy that runs his Helix through one as well.