Can I profile my Kemper with my pedals

• I have a bunch of pedals I use that I don't want to leave my house that I use with my Kemper. Is it possible to profile my Kemper and my pedals so that I can just take my Kemper out with my pedal profiles?

• You can't profile pedals by themselves. Well....you can, but the result would have to occupy the Amp block.

The only way you can incorporate a pedal is to profile and amp with the pedal in the signal chain. This works for drive pedals (and even then, not all give good results). Time-based stuff cannot be profiled.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• As Rufus says you have 3 options:

1) Use the KPA with your fav pedals...not idea but the KPA does take pedals well

2) Profile your amp with your pedal as you fav settings. OD's only

3) Use the built in effects and ditch the outboard pedals ( which is what I do).

• if you can borrow a second Kemper, you could capture a profile of your Kemper with effects (not time based effects including modulation). Because, ya know, we've all got a spare Kemper laying around, right?

• @whippinpost91850 I don't like the sound of the kemper pedals and they don't have overdrive.

To add, the KPA has always had overdrive pedals ( Green scream for example) but they have been improved.

Fair enough if you don;t like the pedals, that's your choice. Like whippinpost91850 , I don't bother with outboard pedals ( 6 years for me). The inboard stuff IMHO is comparable to most external, especially with the reverb and delay upgrades as well.

• @V9guitar, a green scream is not an overdrive, that is a tub screamer I would assume and I would bet money without ever looking at it thats what it is because that' s what makes sense. No the kemper does not have something that does an overdrive sound like a blues breaker, king of tone, klon, timmy or any other real overdirve.

• @V9guitar, a green scream is not an overdrive, that is a tub screamer I would assume and I would bet money without ever looking at it thats what it is because that' s what makes sense. No the kemper does not have something that does an overdrive sound like a blues breaker, king of tone, klon, timmy or any other real overdirve.

yes the Green Scream is a Tube Screamer which is an overdrive (pretty much the first OD). The Timmy, Blues Breaker etc are really just TS derivatives to a certain degree. The new Kemper Drive is a generic flexible OD with presets to simulate TS, Timmy, Klon, Precision Drive etc

Without debating whether the tube screamer is or is not an overdrive pedal ( and I think most definitions say it is), the KPA does now have overdrives.

Whetehr you like them or not is up to you.