Thomann Kemper Stage sales

• So I stumbled upon Thomann's Top Seller list in the Guitar/Bass category and was surprised to find that the Stage is their top seller in the last month.

Doesn't this seem rather strange?

I mean with the pandemic economics and the price..... there must be cheaper items selling more??? I mean EB Regular Slinkys are at #10....

Or is it income related as opposed to items sold?:/

Check it out here:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/tops…F_guitars_and_basses.html

Peace

Edited once, last by Jemjulio ().

• They are using the 2nd "Stimulus" check to buy the...., errrrrr wait....

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• At least here in the States, personal savings are at a peak, and credit card debt is at levels so low, we haven't seen them since before the 2008 housing crisis. That's not to say people aren't suffering financially, because they are. But there are also many who have continued to work, and saw expenses go down from remote work.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• At least here in the States, personal savings are at a peak, and credit card debt is at levels so low, we haven't seen them since before the 2008 housing crisis. That's not to say people aren't suffering financially, because they are. But there are also many who have continued to work, and saw expenses go down from remote work.

Even so. I find it hard to believe it outsells a pack of strings at any given time. There must be a reasoning behind it.

Or it's not quite true?

Dunno.

• Even so. I find it hard to believe it outsells a pack of strings at any given time. There must be a reasoning behind it.

Or it's not quite true?

Dunno.

That list is probably engineered to show higher-value items. No one wants to look at a list with Ernie Ball strings/Fender picks etc. as a top-ten.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• That list is probably engineered to show higher-value items. No one wants to look at a list with Ernie Ball strings/Fender picks etc. as a top-ten.

And yet, there are the strings at #10 ^^

Number 3 just overtook number 2.... This is exciting stuff!! :D

• It is for sure weighed by eur value.... somehow.

Good to see it sells well anyway :)

I think in Europe, most people were paid through the pandemic so far (government support for those who could not work)... and everyone saw their costs go down. Used guitar prices have been going up, especially collector / signature models...

People have more money and time than usual.

• For everyone that suffers in a crisis, there are opportunities for others. Also, as Torshalla says above, many Europeans got paid Furlough cash without having expense of going to work. They have to entertain themselves while locked up!

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• It is for sure weighed by eur value.... somehow.

Good to see it sells well anyway :)

I think in Europe, most people were paid through the pandemic so far (government support for those who could not work)... and everyone saw their costs go down. Used guitar prices have been going up, especially collector / signature models...

People have more money and time than usual.

I hope you are right.I can't say the same about "art workers" I know around europe.Maybe what you mean excludes musicians and is more true for "middle class folks" using their extra time for learning/playing guitar etc?I say this because most teachers I know work fulltime Skype lessons since march..

In any case..I have more the impression that it is "last orders before the fat lady stops to sing"..

Again.I hope you are right and I am wrong.

• Apologies if I inadvertently directed the conversation into political territory. This is normally a haven from life’s miseries!

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7