Kone or F12–X200?

• My Kabinet is B.O. So, is there any difference from using a Kemper Kabinet (w Kone) vs a FX12-X200 in a Mojotone or Zilla cab? Both are made by Celestion but I think the Kone produces lows to 50hz where the F12 goes to 60hz.

I was given an "indefinate" B.O. notice, so maybe I don't want to wait that long.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I chose the F12-X200 : no regrets. I built my cab myself, using green wood and the result is nice.

I'll publish some picture when the cab is fully finish, I miss the cab cover and black screws, and some details, like plate for the jack in the rear.

• If you want the same sound as you can hear at the FoH, you should go the FRFR way -> X-200.

If you want a sound of a (virtual) guitar speaker with a little more "feeling" and another sound at the FoH, you should go the GFR and imprints way -> Kone.

Very interesting. Thanks!

• If you want the same sound as you can hear at the FoH, you should go the FRFR way -> X-200.

If you want a sound of a (virtual) guitar speaker with a little more "feeling" and another sound at the FoH, you should go the GFR and imprints way -> Kone.

G'Day Gitarrenschlumpf - wondering if you can expand on your comment above?

I'm currently looking to acquire a live cabinet / speaker which will be (as close as possible) a match for the profile as heard within my DAW. In practice, I would have my Kemper Powered Rack running to the front of house, and I'd like to have something on stage which provides enough sound for the band / myself to hear so not reliant on foldbacks etc.

The shortlisted products I came back with were:

• Kemper Kabinet
    • Yamaha DXR15
    • HeadRush FRFR-112
    • Laney LFR-212
    • Empty 2x12 Cabinet fitted w/ Celestion F12-X200
    • Empty 2x12 Cabinet fitted w/ Kemper Kone

So far, I've tested the Kemper Kabinet and was fairly surprised at how well it handled, but I don't see myself using the speaker imprint functionality which the Kabinet / Kone is known for....

Noting that I won't be using the adjustable Imprints accessible via the Kone - which would you say is a better option (and why)? Kone or F12-X200?

• So you have to go the FRFR way. Kemper Kone and Kemper Kabinet sound great but are not the best choice for FRFR.

What???

I've had my Kabinet for a few days now, and it is the BEST choice for what you want, IMO. You can project your tone exactly to what you hear coming out of studio monitors at home, or use one of the speaker imprints to add some great color options. The Kabinet also has killer bottom end and really brings life into your rigs either way you use it. I was considering some HR 112's before, but that would have been a big mistake for me. The Kabinet is the icing on the cake for the profiler. You're wasting money on any other choice.

• I tried both the Kone and F12-200X and in my honest opinion it wasn't even close, the F12-200X sounds much better and more like a real cabinet with all profiles, dirty and clean. I obviously do not use the imprints but never intended to. I wasn't impress with the imprints when using the Kone anyway, I rather use the whole profile and having the option to merge cabs is much better. I personally do not understand why the Kone is so popular, maybe because it has the Kemper logo on it. The F12-200X is the way to go...but to each his own.

• ... I personally do not understand why the Kone is so popular, maybe because it has the Kemper logo on it. The F12-200X is the way to go...but to each his own.

Maybe you didn't use it correctly or didn't understand the imprints concept? I am personaly excited with Kone, I never had such great sound before. I am using both modes (full range & imprints)!

• What???

I've had my Kabinet for a few days now, and it is the BEST choice for what you want, IMO. You can project your tone exactly to what you hear coming out of studio monitors at home, or use one of the speaker imprints to add some great color options. The Kabinet also has killer bottom end and really brings life into your rigs either way you use it. I was considering some HR 112's before, but that would have been a big mistake for me. The Kabinet is the icing on the cake for the profiler. You're wasting money on any other choice.

Measure it and take a look at all frequencies above 12 kHz. Or play acoustic guitar through your studio monitors and compare it to the sound of the Kemper Kone. It sounds different. But yes, the Kone is a great speaker and the IMPRINTS sound very good.

• What???

I read this comment slightly differently.

If you want to go FRFR then the Kabinet isn't the best FRFR...because its not an FRFR speaker, its not meant to be.

If you want to match FOH then FRFR is the closest....BUT...and here's the rub....most people found they don;t want the same as FOH. They are more used to "Amp in the room" which is what the Kabinet is designed for.

Like you, I think the Kabinet is great and I prefer it to FRFR or a regular guitar cab.

• Awesome feedback from both sides.

Just to reiterate, I've tried the Kemper Kabinet before - and to my ear it did not provide a comparable sound as to what was coming out of my Yamaha HS8's (Studio Speakers). I also do not want to use the Impulse Prints as it negates the purpose of me using a Profile imo.

I've just placed an order for a custom made 2x12 Vertical Cab with F12-X200's. Fingers crossed it delivers what I need :)

• Maybe you didn't use it correctly or didn't understand the imprints concept? I am personaly excited with Kone, I never had such great sound before. I am using both modes (full range & imprints)!

I used it correctly. I spent hours on it, even days. Looked at the manual and posts, it just wasn't for me. The F12 sounded great right out of the box.