Kemper interface

• So im constantly hemming/hawing about what damn Audio Interface will work best with Windows, KPA, and high impedance Headphones.. figured i’d hit up the forum faithful for some input. Only really want to be able to record a single guitar with a jamtrack playing, and do it all quietly thru headphones. If money isnt a barrier under these parameters Which Damn Interface is the must have??

• Hi, Tom.

What kind of computer are you using for recording?

I'm using all Microsoft Surface devices (no lightning port) so I went with the RME Babyface Pro FS. I considered Universal Audio but their products weren't compatible with my computers.

This is

• extremely portable
    • buss powered
    • has four analog inputs
      • two XLR/mic
      • two 1/4" high impedance instrument inputs
    • two headphone outputs
    • optical i/o (you would need converters to run S/PDIF to the Kemper)

If you want to understand the product - check out this thread in the RME Community.

ST

• I am using Windows 7 64bit with Reaper 5 and a MOTU M4. One of the reasons I went with the MOTU is because of their killer headphone amp for their interface, however the MOTU does not come with SPDIF connection which you may want, I'm using a pair of Marantz MP4's which have held up well over the year of being thrown down a lot and sound great, but you may want to get some $$$ Beyerdynamics or Sennhiesers. Also, Windows 10 is recommended for the Rig Manager.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• i was reading before that this interface may need a separate dedicated headphone amp

• Typically and predictably from me, I'd go with the MOTU M4 that BayouTexan mentioned.

I know you suggested money wasn't a concern, but IMHO this interface and it's smaller sibling the M2 are the best-value bang-for-buck options out there. Superb metering, sound quality and loaded with features.

• Get the MOTU M4 version if you want to do re-amping and such since you will need 3-4 inputs on the audio interface. See this...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i was reading before that this interface may need a separate dedicated headphone amp

Not needed as ST said, but depending on your audio interface, you may want to use its input for headphones instead of the Kemper.