Lag/Latency with "Transpose" in Rig - Profiler Stage - 8.0.2.22186

• Is it just me or is there an lag/latency in the "Transpose" feature within the Rig Manager?

The Shifter Effeks just work fine.

Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying ;)

Edited once, last by RichPich ().

• Thanks for the reply.

What i wanted to say; If there was always a latency when transposing the tone, it got definetly worse with the latest firmware update.

• Stuff like the 'Smooth Chords' functionality feel like it adds extra lag to those kind of effects. Perhaps it's enabled for you?

No - no "smooth Chords" enabeld.
    I use the transpose "casualy" (when i´m to lazy to pull out a guitar with a different tuning). So it´s not a drama by any means.
    I never noticed a latency before. Just since i´ve made the latest update.

But anyway - thank you!

• No - no "smooth Chords" enabeld.
    I use the transpose "casualy" (when i´m to lazy to pull out a guitar with a different tuning). So it´s not a drama by any means.
    I never noticed a latency before. Just since i´ve made the latest update.

But anyway - thank you!

Hi RichPich,

I have always noticed it. Like you, I use it when I am too lazy to grab another guitar. The latency with it does bother me. .... enough that I never do it live, only at home for practice. I am sure others use it live successfully.

I get roughly the same effect if I practice through my PA speakers pointed at me from across the room (~20 ft). That messes with me too ;). The thumb rule is 1 mSec per foot, so at 20 feet the latency is about 20 mSec. I am guessing that this is about the delay Kemper Transpose has. I could measure it for more accuracy, but my ear says around 20mSec.

• Thank you!

I will just take it as it is:

The latency has always been there - but i just noticed it recently.
    I can live with that :)