Kemper all of a sudden this week sounds horrible.

• All of a sudden after years of having a kemper, making and using my own profiles, having it all perfectly dialed in here etc ... Everything sounds like garbage.

Between me updating the unit and profiling a VH4 nothing else happened.

I went to a friends near by to even test the profiles I made while the kemper was sounding messed up for me and they sound perfectly fine at his place on his unit.

I tried reverting back to older versions of rig manager and all that ... multiple factory resets... playing with settings for 5+ hours at this point and nothing helps.

Examples:

https://soundcloud.com/christo…exPE-oN9VBJ_nenSZe3ACpuG0

• Damn those are some ugly tones mate ?

you need new tubes. New tube is always the answer ?

seriously though, nothing should have changed soundwise from the updates so unless you have accidentally changed a setting like clean sense or distortion sense etc there must be a problem specific to your individual KPA. Have you opened a support ticket? If not, I would do so straight away.

• I have a ticket in with the sounds clips and actual patches I am using in those.

I tried any and all settings for hours... it all just sounds well you heard the clips. Sounds that way with headphones too.

• It'd be instructive-and-helpful if you could post some clips made on your Kemper as well as your buddy's. That way we'll be able to hear the differences, which with any luck will point us to settings that may have been altered.

It's almost-impossible to shoot in the dark, so to speak, so having the reference of your friend's unit playing the same Rigs will be gold I reckon, mate.

EDIT:

Dammit, I had this post sitting in my dock waiting to be posted (post-time-interval constraint), and now that I have, I see you've already created clips and sent them in. Of course, Kemper's gonna compare how the Rigs sound on a test unit compared to yours, which is the same thing I'd hoped to be able to achieve through your posting clips made on your buddy's unit.

Please still do this if you'd like mate; it can't hurt to hear the differences seeing as we've "invested" in your dilemma. ;)

• Just trust me that NO amp tone EVER should sound like those clips hahaha.

Fast forward through, one of my rectifier profiles (with a different boost but overall same stuff) is used

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

here is a couple used in this recording -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just started selling them so I’m confident they sound good ?

https://ampguruprofiles.bigcartel.com