Profiler not seen by Rig Manager

• Hi all...

Kemper was working fine for months with my Mac and Rig Manager, however updated Rig Manager and the Kemper OS and now nothing. I tried several different cables, USB ports - but not seen at all in the system profile on the Mac.

Installed Rig Manager on a Windows laptop, still nothing. The only change is that I can see the profiler in Device Manager - it is showing up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

Any suggestions?

• Hi, matei72.

If you are using Windows, try

Device manager

Sound, video and game controllers

Kemper Profiler - right click Update driver

Browse my computer for drivers

C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

Source: Kemper stage not connecting to rig manager

Please let us know if that helps.

ST

• Hi, thanks for the response.

I tried that, but it just said that the driver is already present or something to that extent.

I'd even tried installing compatible, lower versions of Rig Manager and Kemper OS, but nothing worked. Really weird.

• I'm not too familiar with the system yet cuz I'm brand new, but I came across something saying your name in RM must match exactly to your name on the profiler. i.e. uppercase, lowercase underscores, etc must match.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm not too familiar with the system yet cuz I'm brand new, but I came across something saying your name in RM must match exactly to your name on the profiler. i.e. uppercase, lowercase underscores, etc must match.

Interesting, thanks for that - will look into that.

• Hi, matei72.

Are you connecting the Profiler directly to the computer? (that is - NO USB hub or docking station).

Hi, thanks for the response.

I tried that, but it just said that the driver is already present or something to that extent.

I'd even tried installing compatible, lower versions of Rig Manager and Kemper OS, but nothing worked. Really weird.

When you go to

Device manager

Sound, video and game controllers

Kemper Profiler

Do you see any errors in the properties?

• Hi - I primarily use this with a Mac, but hooked it up to a Windows box to see what happens.

It doesn't show up under Sound, video and game controllers, rather as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Just had a look on the profiler, same as in Rig Manager.

• Hi - I primarily use this with a Mac, but hooked it up to a Windows box to see what happens.

It doesn't show up under Sound, video and game controllers, rather as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Confirming -- You are connecting the Profiler directly to the USB connector on the Windows machine (no USB hubs of splitters) - yes?

I would

1. Turn everything off,
    2. Disconnect the USB cable so there's no connection to the Profiler
    3. Turn on the Profiler and wait until it's fully functional
    4. Turn on the computer and wait until it's fully functional
    5. Connect the USB cable from the Profiler directly to the computer
    6. On the computer, check Device Manager
      1. Sound, video and game controllers
      2. Kemper Profiler
      3. If the Kemper Profiler is there, check the properties to see there are errors
      4. If the Kemper Profiler is NOT there, at the top of the Device Manager Tree you should see the name of your computer
        1. Right click the name of the computer and click Rescan for hardware changes
      5. If there's no change, and you see a device "Unknown USB Device "
        1. Right click
        2. Update driver
        3. Browse my computer for drivers C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver
        4. Take a screenshot of any errors or messages
  • Hi - thanks for the steps.

When I pointed it to c:\program files\kemper amps\driver, it said that “Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed”.