Kempers customer service is top notch

• Unless you want to give me 3-4K for an additional interface with more inputs?

I could lead you to a converter that costs less than $500.00 that nobody you know could tell the difference in a blind test of with the same converters top pro tool mastering interfaces have. I use equipment that is WAY better than the Beatles,Hendrix or Stones ever used but I'm sure I never will do what they did. Money alone doesn't create great sound,a great song or even make things that much better. Paul McCartney and a $150.00 converter would likely smear what I could do with a Steinberg AXR4. Sorry I know I'm not being helpful. I'll stop.

• I've never had a so called plug and play item actually be plug and play in my entire life and no company in this space has ever given me any kind of reasonably timely customer service if they even have customer service at all.

I’m really sorry to hear the problems you are having. I know it doesn’t help you but my experience of the KPA was exactly what I expected -total plug and play. I considered and tested Helix, I thought about Fractal. But in the end I went Kemper because I just wanted plug and play without all the deep dive tweaking that can completely take over your life. I have to say that the Kemper has provided exactly that and SPDIF with my clunky old Focusrite Saffire Pro has worked pretty much flawlessly from day one.

on the rare occasions that I have had to contact support they have always been extremely efficient and helpful.

Far as I can tell the general attitude is buy our stuff and then aimlessly and randomly search for answers you'll never find online. Why they can't have a customer service agent here in the forum is beyond me.

My experience of their attitude has been the total opposite. They are a company that seem to go out of their way to help existing customers an keep providing updates and upgrades at no additional cost.

They do have several customer service agents in the forum include Christoph Kemper himself and they tend to be super helpful. They often answer queries and contribute to the forum out of work hours (such as Sunday afternoon or evening).

i don’t know the cause of your own problems but they seem unusual for Kemper. i hope you get everything sorted out soon.

• As others have stated, I have found that Kemper offers exceptional service. I have had specific functionality I thought would make the KPA better implemented simply by asking (nicely and respectfully mind you), and I have had conversations in these forums with the owner of the company ..... not something you get with most companies I assure you.

I can't speak directly to your current issue as I don't exercise my rig in that way. I can tell you that if you are patient, someone from the Kemper team will get back to you.

I also agree with others here that you coming out hot like you did calling the device crap and the company response crap was likely not the best way to get someone to help you out on this.

The KPA really is a great tone machine. It will be a shame if you give up on it for other options, but that is always your option.

• These companies are all the same. I'm either the unluckiest person in the world with every purchase I make for my studio or it's all a marketing lie. I've never had a so called plug and play item actually be plug and play in my entire life

hmmm

Seems like you're just unlucky what with blowing your amp up and all (which has nothing to to with the Kemper), plus a history of no plug and play ever working.

Wonder what the common denominator is ....

Edited once, last by paddyc ().

• Instead of replacing every one of your posts with a smiley face, it would have been instructive, especially for those reading the thread in future, to have provided counterpoints to each and every gripe you had.

Something like this, maybe:

Gripe (Original Post)

Such-and-such an aspect of the service is garbage.

EDIT

This particular judgement was unfounded 'cause as it turned out, Kemper delivered by doing / saying such-and-such.

Just a thought. It would've also provided balance commensurate with your original OTT reaction, or to put it another way, if you're gonna can a company the way you did, it would seem only fair to critique your own judgements and who knows, maybe even offer an apology of sorts? :pinch:

• Just got off the phone with them. They have no solution. So it took them 3 days to get back to me with no answers. My opinion is they should know how to connect the unit to an Apollo Twin and what I need in terms of SPDIF cable specs(if that’s the problem and if that’s something mentioned in the manual? - I’ll be damned if I can find it, but if that’s something that if I’m wrong about more than willing to apologize for so feel free to show me where that info is) And if for some reason this unit requires a different Coaxial SPDIF to optical SPDIF converter than every other piece of digital gear on the planet I think they should be able to tell me what uniquely special converter is required for only the Kemper floor and where I can find one. The one I bought meets all the required specs. I’m also of the opinion that all this information should be published somewhere in the world as I have spent at least 50 hours aimlessly trying to find said info instead of making music with the very limited time I have to do so before I have to be back on the job today working 16 hour days where the little disposable income I earn goes all goes to paying for things like this that require ridiculous amounts of what feels like never-ending troubleshooting. So far as I'm concerned my judgement was very founded because as it turned out Kemper did not deliver by doing or saying such and such. So nothing to apologize for there. I found some people on here that tried to be helpful but mostly just people looking to defend Kemper or slam me for while in a state of exhaustion and about 2X16+ hour days of over the top stress troubleshooting trying to solve this thing that should take minutes accidentally destroying my tube amp while offering zero help and zero solutions - looking at you paddyc ;D. I have a neurological condition that makes endless amounts of patience difficult for me. Not something I can help but I will apologize for that. None of that changes the fact that 50 hours into trying to find a solution for something that should take minutes I’m still left with a $3000 paperweight for which Kemper has no solution and I’m past the 30 days to be able to send this back. So there you go. Anyway cancelled my account so not even sure why I can still post but this will be my last - sincere thanks to those on here that tried to help. Monkey_man if you think I owe Kemper an apology I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think I owe them any apology for this epic waste of my time and money.

• Hey man, I feel for you, I really do!

I'd assumed from the mass post deletion and 180º thread-title change that things had been resolved. For that, I owe you an apology! Sorry brother. <3

Look man, it's an awesome unit (all the models). Yes, it should work perfectly with the S/PDIF cables and convertors out there that're compatible with all standard digital equipment. Unless there's a physical-hardware (is there any other type?) issue with your unit I believe it's a safe bet that the root of the problem lies in setup (somehow). The fact that your I/F works with other S/PDIF gear (IIRC) just-fine suggests to me that it's not your other equipment but indeed, as I've just alluded to, a firmware, hardware or settings issue with your unit.

Typically I'd expect your "local" guy to handle the back-and-forth conversation towards resolution with you. This would be a normal course of events were the Germany-based team not to be involved. You bought it from the online store (again, IIRC), and even if you didn't, I'd expect Kemper over there to step in to expedite resolution if dealing with the local guy didn't bear fruit within a reasonable time frame.

The gist of what I'm getting at is that if I were you I'd not give up just yet. Peeps have thrown in the towel only to re-purchase units down-the-track, kicking themselves and wondering why they didn't just hang in there for a little while longer. It's far from normal, of course, but in such rare cases (I can 100% relate to bad luck with gear as well as mental-health challenges, believe me), I believe one just has to accept that one's been the unfortunate recipient of bad luck. The company will understand. The company cares very much about the user experience. I have to assume therefore that there's been an anomalous / abnormal spanner in the works somewhere and that you've consequently inadvertently flown under-the-radar. Staff may have not even seen your thread 'cause typically if someone complains about not having heard anything within a few days of having created a support ticket a company rep will ask you to check your SPAM folder and if necessary take appropriate steps to instantiate a ticket.

Nobody wishes you anything but success with your Kemper, mate. We all want this, expect it and deserve it after plunking down the moolah for our units, and thankfully we get it in 99.x% of cases. Bad luck can't be helped.

Lastly and predictably, I implore you to persist! Between the team and the wonderful Kemperites in the forum, we'll get things happening for you one way or another; I strongly believe this!

Be strong, mate, and for Heaven's sake, don't give up! Tone nirvana is just around the corner. ;)

PS

The reason you've still been able to post after de-registering is because the thread's in the "Public Forum" area, not the "Private" one, to answer your "thinking-out-'loud" question.

• as clearly stated on the front page of our website the customer support team works between Monday to Friday. The OP has sent 147 emails between Saturday and Sunday mostly consisting of insults and threats.

Regardless of this we did reply this morning offering to help.

• Just got off the phone with them. They have no solution. So it took them 3 days to get back to me with no answers. My opinion is they should know how to connect the unit to an Apollo Twin and what I need in terms of SPDIF cable specs(if that’s the problem and if that’s something mentioned in the manual? - I’ll be damned if I can find it, but if that’s something that if I’m wrong about more than willing to apologize for so feel free to show me where that info is) And if for some reason this unit requires a different Coaxial SPDIF to optical SPDIF converter than every other piece of digital gear on the planet I think they should be able to tell me what uniquely special converter is required for only the Kemper floor and where I can find one. The one I bought meets all the required specs. I’m also of the opinion that all this information should be published somewhere in the world as I have spent at least 50 hours aimlessly trying to find said info instead of making music with the very limited time I have to do so before I have to be back on the job today working 16 hour days where the little disposable income I earn goes all goes to paying for things like this that require ridiculous amounts of what feels like never-ending troubleshooting. So far as I'm concerned my judgement was very founded because as it turned out Kemper did not deliver by doing or saying such and such. So nothing to apologize for there. I found some people on here that tried to be helpful but mostly just people looking to defend Kemper or slam me for while in a state of exhaustion and about 2X16+ hour days of over the top stress troubleshooting trying to solve this thing that should take minutes accidentally destroying my tube amp while offering zero help and zero solutions - looking at you paddyc ;D. I have a neurological condition that makes endless amounts of patience difficult for me. Not something I can help but I will apologize for that. None of that changes the fact that 50 hours into trying to find a solution for something that should take minutes I’m still left with a $3000 paperweight for which Kemper has no solution and I’m past the 30 days to be able to send this back. So there you go. Anyway cancelled my account so not even sure why I can still post but this will be my last - sincere thanks to those on here that tried to help. Monkey_man if you think I owe Kemper an apology I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think I owe them any apology for this epic waste of my time and money.

Try contacting another amp maker on the weekend, continually insult them, call their critically acclaimed products garbage, and see how that works for you. This is all about your attitude that "the customer is always right and can behave however they want". Must be a joy to go to a restaurant...

Kemper should refund your money and ban you IMHO.

• as clearly stated on the front page of our website the customer support team works between Monday to Friday. The OP has sent 147 emails between Saturday and Sunday mostly consisting of insults and threats.

Didn't doubt you would try to help for a minute. Appreciate what you guys do :thumbup:

147 emails ..... well, persistent he was ;).

I applaud you guys and your service. As with many others here, I feel you guys do a fantastic job. Hopefully you won't find too many more abusive customers in your future.

• I have to assume therefore that there's been an anomalous / abnormal spanner in the works somewhere and that you've consequently inadvertently flown under-the-radar.

Expecting a response on the weekend would explain this.

Hopefully the OP takes my advice and persists with trying to work this out. Mental-health challenges can be a bitch and as should be evident in my response a couple o' posts back, I'm always willing to cut folks some slack in these situations. The huge number of emails sent over that 2-day period screams OCD to me, or at least that it's a component of his challenges.

I assume from Hans' reply that Kemper is willing to do the same.