This guy is so awesome on guitar - Kemper in the background

• I can't believe this video has been out there this long and I missed it. Yeah they're selling pickups, but Doug's guitar playing is impeccable along with being so tasteful and soulfully done you just have got to watch in awe. His tone is incredible also. Heck I'm running out of adjectives to describe his playing, so I'd thought I'd share to see what you guys think. Just watch and listen! I saw the Kemper Rack lurking in the background powered up and at first was hoping he was playing thru it. But it appears not based on their signal chain list. I don't know if I believe those pickups can make you sound like that, I think it's all in the fingers! I sure wish he would have some Kemper profiles. Does anybody know if any exist? Ahh, maybe the next LEGENDS pack release. I guess we can only hope. Please!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think it's all in the fingers!

This! Good stuff in the signal chain will certainly help but it will not create. And I have seen enough guitar players sounding crappy with good (expensive) equipment and more important also vice versa.

I totally agree that this here is a killer job. Very tasteful indeed and when it comes to the neck pickup I'd say that guy has listened a lot to Mr. Santana... :thumbup:8)

• Oh man. Doug is amazing. So freaking inspiring.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• To me, this is just a well recorded Session of a very talented guitar player.

I don't think that it makes any difference whether he played through a real amp (like Friedman or whatever) or through a Kemper.

Imho he could play a crap guitar through a crap amp and would still sound great (at least as long as the guitar is in tune ;) )

• Doug is a great player for sure. He has a lot of great videos with demos for Seymour Duncan, Friedman, and knaggs. Awesome player.

Yes. Each of them are amazing. And I want a Knaggs now.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• my son just picked up a Steve Stevens signature model and it's a great guitar. Light and resonant, awesome finish. Great guitars.

I bet. That's a 7000$+ guitar right?

• Doug is a great player for sure. He has a lot of great videos with demos for Seymour Duncan, Friedman, and knaggs.

IIRC I remember watching one he did at the Bogner factory a couple o' years ago too.

Yup. Great stuff for sure. Thank you for sharing, GG. 8):thumbup: