There are not effects while recording

• Hi,

I set up my rig, for example, with delay, reverb, and when I'm recording there are not effects in the track.

My set up:

Guitar - main input - mono cabel direct output - 1 input focusrite scarlett 2i2. I record in Ableton Live 10.

When I do it this way there are not any effects in my recorded tracks. Even when I change set-ups in EQ there isn't any difference.

Do I do something wrong?

• What are your settings for dircte output? You find it in Output-Menue on page 1. Try to set "Master Mono".

It is described on page 104 in the manual....

Yes, I have "Master Mono" all the time

• Check which output you really connected for recording and what its Output Source really is.

The default purpose of the DIRECT OUTPUT is to record the dry guitar signal. Therefor it's default Output Source is "Git Analog". Which is exactly in line with what you experience.

The first choice for recordings of the processed signal including effects is MAIN OUTPUT (analog, has XLR sockets and is stereo) or S/PDIF. Their default Output Source is "Master Stereo".

• Check which output you really connected for recording and what its Output Source really is.

The default purpose of the DIRECT OUTPUT is to record the dry guitar signal. Therefor it's default Output Source is "Git Analog". Which is exactly in line with what you experience.

The first choice for recordings of the processed signal including effects is MAIN OUTPUT (analog, has XLR sockets and is stereo) or S/PDIF. Their default Output Source is "Master Stereo".

So, I can't record with effects with mono cabel ?

• ... and to which output is your recording device connected? MAIN OUTPUT or MONITOR OUTPUT?

If you plug headphone sinto the HEADPHONE OUT, do you hear effects? Are there really effects int he Rig and is their MIx really cranked up?