Anyone swap a Toaster for a Rack?

• I’m considering getting a rack mount. Then I can toss in a power conditioner, a wireless system, maybe a focusrite. Has anyone gone from Toaster to Rack, who can share their thoughts? Tbh, my biggest concern is how to go about the whole process of selling the Toaster and buying the Rack. Are they usually the same value? Anyone just wanna trade? Haha

• I didn't start with the Toaster, but FWIW had to decide between it and the Rack last year when buying a Kemper. Ultimately I decided on the Rack because I use the Kemper 99% of the time for live work, virtually no recording, so it moves around frequently. The only difference I saw between the Rack and Toaster was the LED lights on the some of the dials of the Toaster that are not on the Rack.

I use a 6U Gator rack and have a Furman power conditioner, the Rack, and my Fryette Powerstation 2 (from top to bottom). I also got a custom back panel from BTPA so connections to the PA, guitar monitor, laptop, etc. are really easy.

• Not done the move either but I've had the rack and I use it 99% for live.

Like you suggested, I have my power conditioner and wireless in there and it works great.

The other guitarist in the band has the toaster....and has gone to great lengths to mount his toaster into a rack. I think on reflection he would admit to should have gone rack.....

But, no right or wrong here, I can see the advantage of a toaster in that you are not restricted to a flight case...

• I went to the powered rack right out the box. It's all nicely square and modular so you can rack it with power conditioner and stuff like others said. Put a cup of coffee on top, etc. Then just close the rack case and throw it in the front or back seat (or trunk) without worrying about it. Plus it looks dam good on top a cab on stage as long as you not in a 12U case. The toaster looks like it should stay on top of a desk. IMO.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The only issue I've found is not all cabs are ideal to put a rack on ( balance).

The Kabinet is a touch too narrow so not sure what Im going to do, although you can put it end up next to your cab as well.