Silly Kemper profile management question

• Hello,

Lately I've noticed I have over 450 profiles on my Kemper and I'm assuming this has a bearing on boot up time for the unit. Is there a simple way to delete unwanted profiles(in mass) from the Kemper unit itself, but backup and retain the extra profiles for future use? I don't want to lose any of the profiles I've collected so far, but really don't need that many on tap every time I turn on the Kemper.

Thanks!

• It's easy to do mass copies to the Local Library using Rig Manager, and to do mass deletes from the Profiler too. Just create a folder for your "saved" profiles, copy them from the profiler, then delete them from the profiler.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• It's easy to do mass copies to the Local Library using Rig Manager, and to do mass deletes from the Profiler too. Just create a folder for your "saved" profiles, copy them from the profiler, then delete them from the profiler.

This works with performances also, if you REALLY want to clean house.

Be Thankful.

• Just for "fun" I checked how long my KPA startup time is.

884 profiles . ( I run a studio, so mostly "good-to-have" rigs for other guitarists )

Startup time 57 sec.

Oh yeah, I´m still on OS 6 8o ( Rock steady )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• OS 7.2 was 40 seconds to start-up with the 300 factory profiles. I've since upgraded to the current OS 8.X version but did not check the time.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.