How to control Kemper from PC

• Hello,

what is the easiest way to control the Kemper settings from PC? Please, no Rig Manager, I need to do it without Rig Manager. How is the MIDI working? What do I need for it? I literally had no chance to see any MIDI related thing in action, so I am not sure if I understand how it works. Do I need some midi controller connected to my PC and to connect Kemper with it?

• You'd need to be able to send Midi program changes and CC data. So a MIDI out port if your soundcard has it or a USB midiport, and computer software that can send MIDI data like a sequencer, virtual midipedal, or something. I'll bet there are tons of options there depending on how you want to control it and what GUI you would like to see. Some computers have some midi capabilities installed already.

• My first question is why? Controlling it from a PC to do what? Play live?

Can you explain a bit more your set up? For example are you running a sequencer from your PC or is it for studio work linked to your DAW?

• I would like to use it in my DAW. I play just at home with Cubase and backing tracks. Cubase adjusts automatically my VST plugins etc. during the songs. I dont want to use any pedal, in different parts of song I need different profiles. Can this be achieved with MIDI?

• like this?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You need to connect pc Midi Out to Kpa Midi In.

Then create a Midi track in cubase containing the Midi program changed or control change You need to send to KPA.

Consider that there s a bit of lag expecially if You are in browser mode. I suggest to organize performances according to Your different backingtracs tracks and switch rigs in this way.