Anybody run their kemper wet/dry with a real amp?

• Hey guys, been getting to grips with my kemper and starting to think about using it live. Ive been thinking of running my kemper with stereo effects through the loops with my real Ac30 as dry amp, so basically a wet dry rig but with stereo effects. Does anyone use both kemper and real amp like this? would like to hear peoples experience with a similar wet/dry setup or combing real amp with kemper! cheers!

• You should get a few responses as some people do run the KPA with a regular amp so I'm very sure its doable.

Personally though I think this corrupts the signal chain. One of the benefits of the KPA is its an all in one package, so adding a guitar amp effectively down grades the KPA to an effects unit - which I think is a waste.

People will talk about real amp thump, added warmth, gain staging but for me I like the fact that for live ( I use my 99% for live) I only use the KPA - no other maps, pedals - truly plug and play.

The reason I say this is make sure there is a" real" gap you are trying to address with this rather than just add unnecessary complexity. I also struggle with stereo effects through a mono amp...

• thanks for the response! I hear what your saying but im not trying to use the amp for the sake of it.

I'm treating the kemper as a stand alone amp of my choice at the minute. Not sure I explained myself properly. I'm simply thinking of adding my ac30 as a dry signal for a different tone to mix in with my chosen kemper profile of another amp (not ac30) which will have wet effects(pedals not kemper effects) in a W/D or W/D/W scenario. Its more of a texture and clarity thing, usually I like to run two different amps stereo but I haven't got two kempers but still got my ac30 and now the kemper aswell.

Im used to running stereo but like the idea of a W/D rig using two different amps. I basically have a junction box on my board to run a second output to a dry amp with no problems. Means I could easily add a real amp of different flavour with the kemper or just use the kemper alone depending on the gig.

Just intrigued with the whole wet dry thing and wondered if anyone used their kemper in this way

• Sorry, I misunderstood, gotcha now.