Hoping somebody can help me with math...

• Using a powered kemper head into 3 daisy chained Kemper Kab 112s (ie kemper out to kab1 in, kab 1 out to kab2 in kab2 out to kab3 in) what would the end inpedance total be and can the powerhead's amp do that safely? I only understand the easy 4, 8, and 16 stuff enough to not blow a tube amp output tranny but the solid state/digital amp world is still foreign to me. My intent here is to run the 3 112's at home and only take what I need when I go.

• If you have downloaded the manual 7.5 , search "ohm" and you´ll find some info.

If you have a multimeter check ohm value on the first speaker cable disconnected from

Kemper speaker output, but connected to the first Kabinet . Should read 4 Ohm.

Connect the second Kabinet to the first one. Should read 8 Ohm.

Connect third Kabinet = 12 Ohm approx .....

Do NOT go lower than 4 ohm !

As I understand it Kemper takes full advantage of the 600 watts at 8 ohm, so two Kabinets

is the best "Combo" so to speak .....:/

Other real tech guys may have other opinions ........

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• each kab is 4 and your are connecting in serie so You will have 4+4+4=12ohm.

I don t think it will be a problem for the power amp.. but hey 3 cab for home use?!?

Yeah, but honestly that's mostly for display value when at home. I never need more than a 212 but I've always preffered multiple 112's over a 212, 412, etc for ease of transport and conforming to room size. I'm old and my lower back hates me.

• I feel you,

well, if You add an external stereo power amp to connect the monitor out L and R You are already ready for a Wet/Dry/Wet Live system.

anyway don't worry about the total impedence value, it's correct what Hoki Toki said

Do NOT go lower than 4 ohm !

That's the most important thing.

In Your case (connecting cones in series/daisy chaining) You're just adding value to the minimum (4ohm of 1 singol cone)

• The others have given you the answer to your question. Yep, 4+4+4 since they are all in series. This is the best configuration if you want to use 3 speakers and it will not cause you any problems with your powered Kemper since at 12 Ohm, the amp is actually not producing its maximum output current (in fact, it is only using about 1/3rd of its maximum output.

Since Kemper has designed the speakers to work with either 1 or 2 Kabinets optimally, we can assume that any 1 Kabinet can take the full amp current and not blow up ;). When you put 2 speakers in series, the resistance goes up, and the current goes down. This means that each speaker is actually getting less loud .... but there are now 2 of the speakers moving air. When you add the 3rd speaker, each of the 3 speakers is getting only 1/3rd of the current that a single speaker could get, but you have 3 speakers moving air.

You may be tempted to think that .... well .... if 1 speaker gets more current, then 1 speaker would be louder than 2 speakers. This is not necessarily true since when you put 2x the power into a speaker, you do NOT get 2x the volume. In fact, the common rule of thumb is that you need about 4 times the power to produce what sounds like 2 times the output to our ears.

What would really give you the most sound output for the powered kemper (or any amp rated to handle down to 4 ohm speaker loads) would be the following:

4 speakers total.

2 speakers in series

another 2 speakers in series

The sets of 2 speakers in parallel.

This gives you 4+4 = 8 Ohms

in parallel with 4+4=8 Ohms

which gives you 4 Ohms (adding 2 equal resistances in parallel divides the resistance in half)

In that setup, you would have the KPA amp delivering its max rated output current into 4 speakers. My guess is that this would be quite loud ;)

What you are doing won't hurt a thing though.