IR vs DSR?

• IR = Impulse Response. DSR = Dynamic Speaker Response. DSR is IR Plus (IR+) in layman's terms. I think.

It say's DSR matches not just the frequency but the "attitude" of the speaker it's emulating - whatever that means.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• no, if You have Rig Manager, Now (since a long lime) it converts directly IR to CAB preset, there's no more need to use Cab Maker

if You don't use Rig manager you have to convert IR with Cab Maker, copy them in a USB dirve and load/import them via USB in Your KPA.

I had some problems times ago with the ''old style'' USB method, the KPA didn't want to load more than N cab presets..never understoond WHY

I've solved importing them directly via Rig Manager.

PS I've bought Celestion IR and they sound good to me -- but I've never actually tried them on a cabinet loaded with FRFR Speakers for guitar just trough PA

• I am interested in the G12T75 IRs. I am old school Marshall and I have always loved those speakers. I see there is a closed back 2x12 and 4x12 available. What difference can I expect from 2x12 vs 4x12 closed back?

• I am interested in the G12T75 IRs. I am old school Marshall and I have always loved those speakers. I see there is a closed back 2x12 and 4x12 available. What difference can I expect from 2x12 vs 4x12 closed back?

More speakers = air being displaced over a large area. I know closed-back gives you more low end. I believe more speakers means more wattage the cab can handle. So, 2x12's rated at 75 watts each gets you 150 watts max handling, and 4X12's the same get you 300 watts max handling. At least. it's how I understand it. So, 2 speakers would project volume the same as 4 speakers if the amp volume remains the same but the 4 speakers would project more sound waves??

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I see there is a closed back 2x12 and 4x12 available. What difference can I expect from 2x12 vs 4x12 closed back?

about IRs, to make it short, the close miking ones are really similar.

You can notice more bottom end and resonance in the 4x12 compared to 2x12 if you use the room mics IR.

• about IRs, to make it short, the close miking ones are really similar.

You can notice more bottom end and resonance in the 4x12 compared to 2x12 if you use the room mics IR.

I think the Kemper itself offers more then enough bottom end. Celestion doesn't mention anything about mic locations, just a 2x12 and 4x12 closed back option. I think i'm going with the 2x12 because I am afraid the 4x12 will sound muddy.

• Just reading about the DSR's and from my understanding they are to be used in Celestion's Speaker MIX Pro plugin... I may have this wrong, but from a few demos I have seen and reading on the C website, you would buy an IR to load into the Kemper, a DSR if you had Speaker Mix Pro on your DAW and were using it for the Cab Sim....