Suddenly no XLR out from profiler stage

• I recently began using the stage in live applications having used the rack for several years. I had been using the stage in rehearsal running stereo XLR to the board and all was well. I packed it up and took it to gig, plugged it into the same gear and had no output from XLR. I didn't change any settings, at least not on purpose.

I scrolled thru the output menus and nothing seemed off, but I'm not a power user. Everything has just usually worked pretty intuitively. Ended up running quarter inch outs to a stereo DI to get thru the gig. Any ideas on why I suddenly have no signal from XLR? Hopefully it's something easy I'm overlooking.

When trouble shooting I hooked up my other profiler stage. It worked fine out of XLR but while I was trying to load the set order from the other unit via USB stick I lost power and now it's corrupted and won't boot. I emailed support on that one, but a frustrating night for sure!

• If the quarter inch MAIN OUTPUTS work, the XLR MAIN OUTPUTS must work as well and vice verse. But perhaps you used the quarter inch MONITOR OUTPUTS!?

Settings-wise, check: Output Source, Output Volume of the MAIN OUTPUT, and level of volume pedal. Perhaps something plugged into a PEDAL socket is electrically "imitating" a volume pedal at heel, but then there should be no sound at any output.

Other than that: Check XLR cables. Perhaps one balanced cable has its hot wires twisted, the sound of both channels is added in the mixing desk, and you experience a complete cancellation.

• Thank you for the response! I have tried different cables and am still having the issue. My main out is master stereo and I far as I can tell, I have signal via 1/4 main out and no signal via XLR main out. If someone could take a look at the short video I linked and tell me where I'm going wrong, I would appreciate it! (I think I have corrected link so anyone can access)

https://drive.google.com/file/…pT1NWoL/view?usp=drivesdk

• Quick update: I got my other stage up after a factory reset and restored to my latest backup. It has output from both the main XLR and 1/4" main outs.

I did a factory reset on the stage acting up and it still does not have any output from the main XLR outs. Could they both have gone bad somehow? Perhaps this is an issue for official support...

• We never had such a case before. If both MAIN OUTPUT TS work and both XLR don't, that means that both output amplifiers involved broke. That one of these breaks is already very rare, and that both break simultaneously is nearly impossible. That doesn't even happen if phantom power is involved.

I suggest you verify those assumptions: Do the MAIN OUTPUT TS really work? Have you really connected both Stages via the same cables and receiving devices? Is there any other external gear involved e. g. an active effect loop with no external device connected or any analog switches, MIDI, expression pedals ....

I'm suspicious, that you send that Stage for repair and we cannot reproduce any issues.

• Thank you for the feedback. For testing purposes, I am just running a guitar to the input and a headrush powered amp from the output. I have 2 stages recently reset and restored from the same USB stick.

As far as I can tell, one stage has output from main TS and XLR while the other only works from TS. That being said, I'm on the road for awhile and can work with what I have for now. When I'm in a better position to take some more time, I'll follow up if I still can't figure it out. Thanks again!