Power Section - Different Flavors

• One thing I have noticed about any modeler or Kemper, you certainly get different results from the same profile/preset depending on what power section you are using. From the supplied power on the Kemper head, an Orange Pedal Baby, an FRFR powered cabinet or using a tube amp's power section via its return loop, everyone of them deliver a different flavor to the same exact profile/preset. In my opinion the best sound comes from a tube amp's power section. But who want to haul around a tube head for power.

• Understood, many things will play a part in tone/sound. But I have found nothing as drastic as what power section is being used. There is even a difference from tube amp you are using. My Orange head's power sounds nothing like my Marshall.

• Of course...that’s why a flat response amp and speaker is the ultimate choice, if

you want to reproduce the profile as close as possible to the amp it came from.

Any guitar amp or speaker will change the sound of the profile as it was recorded.

• Of course...that’s why a flat response amp and speaker is the ultimate choice, if

you want to reproduce the profile as close as possible to the amp it came from.

Any guitar amp or speaker will change the sound of the profile as it was recorded.

For sure on the speakers, thats even true with real amps and cabs. What I was referring to is the power section. You could use the same speaker on all profiles and the tone will change for each power choice.