Kemper first impressions at 7 days.

• I was asked to give my first impressions so here goes.

My introduction to modeling was with a Marshall Code 50 then I went to Amplitube 4 and Guitar Rig plugins, and then I gave the Helix plugin a shot. I would mix all these plugins to try to achieve the best tone but was always lacking specific string and tone dynamics by these intro modelers.

Just got my first Kemper a week ago, and so glad I took the leap! I am just about at 90% of what I want my main tone to be, and using a rig I thought was going to get me there in the first place - Mesa Boogie Rectifier. I could have bought the tube amp instead but I am only using that one for one of my specific tones. I would have needed an EVH 5150 and the Fender Twin amp. Now, I don't need to buy anymore. I found what I need in Kemper.

I'm sure I am going to squeeze out that other 10% of tone with the Kemper in no time. The biggest adjustments I made to my tone was using the high and low pass filters on EQ and setting up the parallel paths for the stomp and del-verb modules. The delays and reverbs are top notch. I don't see how they can get better. The noise gates are studio quality. The stops are great for the few I have tried so far. I do not like all the OEM rigs but that's okay since I only need 5 for myself. And I was able to adjust those 5 rigs into some nice recordable tones.

I am beginning to quickly navigate thru all the the menus on the profiler since I am not using the Rig Manager yet. I want to learn to navigate the unit well for stage and gig use first. Man, those dials are uber sensitive! You need a women's touch on them but you feel the build quality in everything you touch. Even my wife loves it which is great news after she found out how much I invested in all this.

There is so much to learn on this "profiler plus the kitchen sink" modeler, and that should keep me busy in a good way for the next year! The forum community here is outstanding and not what you would find with fractal or helix systems. And don't forget to check out the tons of you-tube profiler gurus to help you get the info you need.

One last thing, read the manual! Open the PDF in your phone and read at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Read it on the toilet. Read at least 1 page per day. It's your bible to tone.

I am just about to plugin my kemper foot controller and an exp pedal and learn all that fun stuff for the first time. Still waiting for my B.O. Kabinet. ;(

Kemper is friggin awesome! If it just made me a latte then it would be perfect! So, glad I took the leap! Thank you Kemper!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Regarding knobs you can support this feature request:

Knobs, Linear behaviour option

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well, whe bought a kemper but it is only ONE problem : Asinus Asinum Fricat !

Thanks for this silly writing probably created by a poor reseller :) '5 minutes with the Windows interface and you understand:) ...

• I thought you had been on here much longer than a week?

Anyway welcome, love that point about your wife!

I think you are following the right path...keep it relatively simple. I would encourage you to try a few more profiles as you might find that 10% there and I think you'll like the Kabinet...you will be shocked at how small and light it is...but the power and projection is great!

If you play live, then you are in for a real treat. Its so easy to set up the performances and krank it out like a valve but with the convenience and flex of digital.

Its a revolution for me....and I'm 6 years in...

• I signed up early to do research, ask questions, and check out the community to help me make a decision before I purchased one. ;)

Ahh, though I was going mad!!! So this is a full welcome my friend!

FYI it did take me 6 months to get that last 10%. This was made up of:

1) I was still miking a 4x12 cab and it felt like I was missing the full experience ( 5%)

2) Its digital, cant be that good/getting used to a different sound? This was only apparent when I got compliments from many people on my sound, which I'd rarely had before and I also tried valve amps and realised they weren;t as good as I remembered!! ( 5%)

Ive said it so many times on this forum but its true - I have lost all interest in any other amps for the last 6 years. Just no point for me...given I like buying guitar stuff, that's big for me.

This was only apparent when I got compliments from many people on my sound, which I'd rarely had before and I also tried valve amps and realised they weren;t as good as I remembered!! ( 5%)

I was getting nice complements from people on my tone for recorded songs when I was using cheapo modeling and plugins. Even my old guitar teacher was impressed - a true tuber. Now, I feel pressure to really push my tone over the top with the Kemper addition to "wow" those people more. Another thing I thought about was maybe modeling was my "cup of tea" all along even though I started out with coffee.

Kemper proved quickly it is my fastest route to good tone so far. The others took a while - months even. I'm just about there in only a week! Can't beat that!

• I was getting nice complements from people on my tone for recorded songs when I was using cheapo modeling and plugins. Even my old guitar teacher was impressed - a true tuber. Now, I feel pressure to really push my tone over the top with the Kemper addition to "wow" those people more. Another thing I thought about was maybe modeling was my "cup of tea" all along even though I started out with coffee.

Kemper proved quickly it is my fastest route to good tone so far. The others took a while - months even. I'm just about there in only a week! Can't beat that!

I used to get compliments on my playing and music but few people actually about my guitar sound. :)

Non-guitarists are way more easily impressed....play the intro to Thunderstruck and most people go " wow" even though its very easy..

• I used to get compliments on my playing and music but few people actually about my guitar sound. :)

Non-guitarists are way more easily impressed....play the intro to Thunderstruck and most people go " wow" even though its very easy..

I get compliments on how good my wife looks and plays (she's the bass player in the band)

Still waiting for the other compliments ;)

Oh wait, I get compliments from my wife!!! haha.

• I get compliments on how good my wife looks and plays (she's the bass player in the band)

Still waiting for the other compliments ;)

Oh wait, I get compliments from my wife!!! haha.

You've missed the main point....if your wife is complimented on her good looks and she married you, then by definition you are getting a compliment on:

1) Your taste

2) That you've managed to woo her

With my wife I'm definitely punching above my weight :)

P.S. its really cool that you play in a band with her!

• I married a model. Then a bought a modeler. All I need now are some fun groupies that are as young as my kids! I hope my wife don't see this. :whistling:

• I got my first outside compliment on tone using the Kemper yesterday!

My wife asked me to lower my practice level while her new co-worker came over to drop off some papers. My wife gave her a tour of our house and she popped in my studio to say hello. She told my wife "I thought he was playing the radio the whole time. I had no idea he was playing a guitar." :whistling::)

• So excited that my Kabinet has shipped and should be here for the weekend. So, I am 'complete' but I think I need one more exp pedal for my controller. C'mom honey, just one more!

I'll add to this thread after I spend a little time with the kab. For now, I am digging the Mesa rigs for high-gain stuff. But as my wife says, "I am free to change my mind daily". :P