Input + Alternative Input

• why if you have both input engaged, the Front input disconnects the Alternative input?

From page 119 of manual 7.5

Even when Input Source is set to “Alternative Input”, it won’t work when a cable is still connected to the front INPUT.

why they can not work simultaneously?

(I don t have 4 arms and I can t play 2 guitars at the same time but Sometimes I want to compare 2 different guitars and it Will be faster to have the two input always connected and working.)

• The alternative input has more purposes than just guitar input. If it would work like you want, it would have no other function. But what about an external A/B solution?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• The alternative input has more purposes than just guitar input. If it would work like you want, it would have no other function. But what about an external A/B solution?

This ... and also keep in mind that the Alternative Input has a significantly higher noise floor than the front input. If both inputs were active all the time, you'd always have this added noise.

• Yes.. I see the Alternative can have many other uses

RETURN and ALTERNATIVE INPUT (4)

The ALTERNATIVE INPUT can be used as a rear-side guitar input, which is especially convenient for the Rack, and

PowerRack models. The parameter “Input Source” needs to be set accordingly in the Input Section.

The RETURN is available as balanced TRS or XLR input. While it plays a key role during PROFILINGTM, as

explained in the chapter Taking a PROFILE, it can also be used in combination with the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND to

loop in external equipment. In combination, RETURN and ALTERNATIVE INPUT can function as a pair of stereo

returns. Details can be found in the Effect Loops chapter.

Both the RETURN and the ALTERNATIVE INPUT can also be used as auxiliary inputs. You could, for instance, use

this feature to mix in music from your mp3-player and play along. In this case you will need a special cable with 3.5

mm stereo jack on one side and two ¼ inch mono jacks on the other side. You will find the corresponding mix

controls in the Output Section.

And I see it is a bit noiser

It is a bit noisier than the front INPUT, but this is only an issue for guitars with a soft output level, applied to heavy distortion.

An A/B external switch is a good solution of course, but it is an extra gear I should have to buy.. connect.. and not useing it so often..

• As soon as you plug into the main front input it overrides as the default as stated in the manual. -if I remember correctly. Why? Because it's designed that way. I have no idea if they can program it another way in a new OS release.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• yeah yeah .. for sure, it's not a problem for anybody

and not even a big problem for me in the end.. It not a ''Feature Request topic''

If I don't have aa A/B box as suggested, I can use the A guitar plugged in Aletrnative and Plug the B guitar in Front when I want a fast comparison.

When I disconnect the front input I still already have the A guitar ready to play.

(I just have to remeber to Mute with tuner when I Plug and Unplug the front Inpup to avoid shocking peaks from PA)

I was just wondering why it's working that way.

thanks everybody for your answers

• An A/B external switch is a good solution of course, but it is an extra gear I should have to buy.. connect.. and not useing it so often..

I use Lehle 3at1 SGoS. I have Performances for each of my 3 guitars I need at gigs or rehearsal. The Lehle is connectet to my Stage (midi) and the Kemper switches to the guitar. On the Lehle-page is a video at the end which explains the function. The Lehle is setup in my stage case.

• I m not an amp tech but the last time I open the KPA head, the Front input looks like the same as the headphones out... and this does not disconnect any other output.

Behind them There is a 2cmx2cm stamped board connected with 2 cables to the moterh board If I dont go wrong