External FX Loop though DEL/REV outputs?

• Hi guys

If anyone can help me with this I would massively appreciate it as driving me absolutely bonkers.

Essentially I have 2 working external FX loops which I can hear fine through any output set to anything other than DEL/REV. However if I set an output to "DEL/REV" to get only the FX output in isolation, I hear nothing. This is when either the DEL or REV modules have an external FX loop assigned (any type, lower or upper) and the routing option in RIG settings doesn't help.

The FX do come through the DEL/REV outputs when the last 2 modules are set to internal FX, just not the external FX loops. The manual suggests this should work but have tried everything I can think of and no joy so far :(

Anyone had experience with this or able to replicate the problem? If nothing else to put me out my misery

Thanks in advance

Steve

• This is what the manual says:

DLY/REV Wet

Only the wet stereo effect signal of the delay and reverb located in the modules DLY and REV are sent to the output. If no delay or reverb is active, the output will remain silent.

only available for stereo outputs

And this refers to internal delay and reverb effects, no external gear. The PROFILER cannot split a delay or reverb genereted by extrnal gear into wet and dry signals.

• Thanks for the reply, but my problem is literally that this does not happen as expected. I upgraded from V7 to V8 software and I can now get something from the DLY/REV outputs, but only if I go into rig routing and turn the dial clockwise, but I get both together or one, but nothing if I turn left. Seems like a bug which has been partially fixed in latest update but not completely.

• Given the description of what DLY/REV Wet does, what do you expect from an Effect Loop

a, in module DLY with DLY+REV Routing in left, middle, right position,

b. in module REV with DLY+REV Routing in left, middle, right postion?

• I would expect that when enabling either or both FX modules that these would come through the DLY/WET output as they do from a Master Stereo output and that the routing set to zero would essentially do nothing (instead of muting both through the DLY/WET output as it does)

• Thanks for continuing to respond, appreciated. I may not have articulated the issue as well as I could have. Let me simplify:

1. I am using an output set to DLY/REV to get only the FX isolated

2. I used an external FX loop for delay and reverb etc

3. When using internal FX on one of the last 2 modules I can hear them through the DLY/REV out as expected and can switch between then fine

4. However if I set my external FX loop in either of the last 2 modules, it only comes through the DLY/REV output when the other is enabled and has an effect in it

5. The only way I have found to work around this is to turn the routing in rig settings to somewhere around 50%, but this means dry signal bleeding into the DLY/REV output at all times even when the modules are off

Conclusion: Why is it not possible to use an external loop in one of the last 2 modules and also hear it through the DLY/REV out without having the other module also populated with an internal effect?

• I'm testing the following scenario: Loop Mono in module DLY and Formant Reverb in module REV. Just a cable plugged between SEND and RETURN.

Monitoring via MAIN OUTPUT, which has Output Source set to "DLY/REV Wet".

Regardless if effect loop is active or not and how DLY+REV Routing is set, I just hear the reveberation and not the dry signal. You can easily reproduce that test: take your external gear out of the loop and just plug a cable into the loop.

The SEND must send the dry signal, otherwise your external gear would have no input signal. Have you set your external devices to just output the wet signal portion? Otherwise as stated right at the beginning, if your external gear returns dry+wet, the PROFILER canot split those two.