IR Question

• You can't go wrong with the $1 pack that has quite a few profiles from the Mesa 2x12 v30. I have found York Audio to be well balanced, but it is all down to personal preference of course.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Check out your Celestions and see what you think. What kind of flavor are you looking? British, American, Mesa-ish, etc.?

I have always been a fan of G12T75...I am very old school. I also like the V30. The G12T75 pack that I purchased was from Celetion was a bit disappointing. I want to try a good V30 now.

• You can't go wrong with the $1 pack that has quite a few profiles from the Mesa 2x12 v30. I have found York Audio to be well balanced, but it is all down to personal preference of course.

There is a pack from York for $1 that has Mesa 2x12 V30?

• Don't mean to be a wet blanket but the majority of people I have talked to (including top studio guys & producers) all say IR's do not seem to be as good as using the Kemper for speaker cabs. I've heard some amazing tone from the Kempers without using IRs to the point of I could probably work with cab controls to get anything I needed. Those cab controls will do a LOT and open up a big rabbit hole!

• Don't mean to be a wet blanket but the majority of people I have talked to (including top studio guys & producers) all say IR's do not seem to be as good as using the Kemper for speaker cabs. I've heard some amazing tone from the Kempers without using IRs to the point of I could probably work with cab controls to get anything I needed. Those cab controls will do a LOT and open up a big rabbit hole!

I agree, IRs are really not needed, most profiles are just fine the way they are. I just like to tinker allot and play with new options.

I hear you there. Interesting that this thread had me load up a Tone Junkie Orange profile. Tried some different IR's and actually thought the V30 imprint through a Kabinet sounded best. Seems every profile is different and having some IR's just give me another option to try.

The digital bunny hole is deep!!!

• I agree, IRs are really not needed, most profiles are just fine the way they are. I just like to tinker allot and play with new options.

Nothing wrong with that if you have the time as long as you report anything fantastic! Speaking for myself, I don't spend near enough time practicing and far more time fiddle farting around with tones. If I spent as much time practicing as I do playing I would make John Petrucci look like the Ramones. I don't mind messing around but in the end I just want to flip a switch, turn a knob and have the perfect tone fast.

• There is a pack from York for $1 that has Mesa 2x12 V30?

Yes. I don't often use them on my Kemper because the profiles are usually better. However, they sound better than most IRs on an HX Stomp I use for backup. For virtually nothing you can try out a good few cabs.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Yes. I don't often use them on my Kemper because the profiles are usually better. However, they sound better than most IRs on an HX Stomp I use for backup. For virtually nothing you can try out a good few cabs.

I agree, the profiles usually sound better and are the way to go instead of IRs.

• I will 2nd the notion that a lot can be done with cab section. I used to always crank the character knob all the way up Every time to hear and feel the profile better in the headphones. These days I try not to tweak so much.

Having run an axe fx into the kemper for just cab portion, I will also say that I think the profiled cab is the money shot. Trying different cabs from clean or distorted profiles has been eye opening (Or eye opening lol).

But, playing with IR's is fun too! Especially with the quality of amount that exhist in the world these days. Adjust cab parameters of them an also be fun but don't forget to save a couple of go-to's so you can just plug a play instead of endless tweaking. ;)

Chairs!