Tricks to boost clean tones volume?

• So physically I can hear and see that recording a clean tone vs one with gain, there is some volume difference. I have the rig volume set to the same in both cases and would prefer not to have to mess with that since I would like to find out the cause of the difference. I am assuming the gain itself is having this effect on the other profile causing it to be louder not just distorted. Does anyone know if there is any tricks on how to boost the volume on your clean profiles or anything to make cleans sound better in general? If I have to just use the rig volume nob I will.

• Hi, MarshallCW,

omg thank you so much... Turns out my Kemper's Clean Sens was set to -11 for the entire rig.... like wtf when did that happen? Either way sounds sooo much better at 0.0 thank you!

That's great. Thanks for coming back to tell us you're okay now.

Here are some other resources for you.

Rig Manager Download and Documentation

Kemper Tutorials & Demos

Cheers!

ST

• Hi, MarshallCW.

I actually have one quick question. How do I save the clear sens setting across the entire kemper? Every profile I switch to the input reverts back to -11 on the clear sens

It sounds like your Input section is locked.

To confirm - Press and hold the Lock button. If the Input button remains lit, it is locked.

To unlock the Input section,

1. Press and hold the Lock button.
    2. Press and release the Input button. The Input LED should go out.
    3. Release the Lock button

The Input section is now unlocked.

Do this to set Clean Sens and Lock it (make it apply universally):

1. Press the Input button (to select it)
    2. Set Clean Sens to 0.0 (or whatever value you like)
    3. Press the Lock button.
      You will see a black lock icon ? in the display window - lower right corner.
    4. Press the Exit button

The Input section is now locked, and the Clean Sens value will apply to all Profiles - unless you override it.

All good?