Live Setup Suggestions?

• Hello..

Like I said in my first thread.. Im new to Kemper and Im very excited because I already used my Kemper Stage in my last 2 gigs and I was blown away.. this thing sounds awesome. My next thing is.. how is the best combination or option for a live setup. Let me tell you about what I play so you know what would be best. I started playing in a 80's - 90's band a few months ago and I was using 2 blues Jr's in stereo with some pedals (OD, Delay, Wah).. At the gig the sound man will put a mic in front of each amp. Now with the Kemper I have 2 options. I can go directly to the PA or I can have an amp & cab behind me with another line to the front of the house (PA). Which one is best?... Also if having an amp and cab is better which amp and cab would you recommend.

And one other question.. if you connect the Kemper direct to the PA.. would the guitar sound interferes with the vocals?.. The singer of the band asked me this.

Thanks!

• If I were you i'd get a good class D poweramp and drive a normal guitar cab. The FOH get's the XLR output including IR's. You get the sound you're used to as backline.

I tried FRFR but in the end I went back more traditional ... don't like the plastic PA kinda options ala headrush ...

Not they they sound bad, imho I like the amp-in the room sound better, don't care about flat speakers mimiqing the real deal ...

In the end it's a matter of taste

Raf

ps: I have a powered kemper hooked up to a 2x12 zilla cab with K100 and V30, use a hx stomp with a cheap tc electronic BAM200 when I only want to carry a cab and backpack ;)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• As Roeffel said, its a mater of personal taste.

I played for 30 years with a Mesa head a a pair of 112 cabs. I loved the sound and feel of the thump and trouser flapping air movements but I could never get the guitar to sit right in the onstage mix where I could hear myself without drowning out everything else. Then I got the KPA. I bought powered because I thought I would end up using a real guitar cab. I did a few gigs that way and it was OK. Then I went full in ears and it was a revelation. All of a sudden I could hear everything properly. The only down side is that the singer sometimes likes to hear a real cab on stage so I was running the mesa 112 so low that I couldn’t hear it over the IEM but it kept the singer happy. I now have a Kone as well but haven’t had a chance to gig with it due to COVID but it sounds amazing at home so far.