Tap tempo light

• I have done some searching but got a little confused by some posts. In performance mode, is this the way to stop the tap tempo blinking?:

Press Rig

Press <PAGE> right

Select Option to disable Tempo -

"TAP" light will stop flashing and Tempo is disabled for the selected Rig

I have my tap tempo button set to morph and to my disappointment it still flashed sporadically so I want to kill it. One way would be to turn the light to zero in the system settings. I understand the tempo flash not being accurate is a known condition. With all the amazing things the Kemper can do and all the updates it's had I'm surprised this hasn't been remedied.

• Be aware, that disabling Tempo has wider functional implications.

I wish I knew what the dangers were. All I want to do is prevent that erratic light from giving me a seizure. I could just turn the light off in the system settings. Would that be better? I guess I don't understand why disabling a tempo that has nothing to do with what I am playing has to do with anything.

• I use lots of them but don't change them on the fly. I disabled the tempo on a rig to try it and the delay and chorus I had in the slots remained unchanged as far as I immediately noticed. Did you really mean: "If you don't use any time based effects that you want to change real time"?

Because I am using time based effects with tempo disabled and it seems OK. I don't use tap tempo for anything, I dial up delays,chorus,flange and leave them set there like old school pedals. If I wanted to change on the fly I would use morph. So in that instance disabling tempo is ok? In the end I'm really just trying to stop the flashing light and don't use tempo settings for anything time based. If this doesn't affect anything I am doing, I wish there was a way to globally just turn the tempo off instead of having to go rig by rig and save.

• In the System Settings you can completely dim the Tap light. That's what I have done.

That's what I meant by I could turn it off. But it's not much different than putting a piece of tape on it. I would like it to functioncorrectly. What is it's purpose if it doesn't?

• I could just turn it off too. When your "check engine" light comes on do you just put tape over it or find out what is causing it?

It was just a suggestion. My newest car is from 1977 so I don´t have a"check engine" light ......

But as a custom car builder since 1975 I know what a Oil Pressure lamp is 8o

Tap Tempo lamp is not a warning lamp for something faulty inside the KPA

it just behaves "faulty" by itself, and it has been discussed several times

here in the forum for years .....

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• And to add some extra "OCD-trigger" the LED´s in STOMP section and FX section

flash in the same random way when editing 8o

As a FOH and studio guy, who also play keyboards, I´m so used to flashing LED´s

that I don´t really se them anymore ...... :wacko:

Cheers ! And a Happier New Year .......

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Welcome to Kemper-Fan club ! (reading upper)

Have a like for posts requesting for improvments like : How to remove ALL tempo ? or other from 2018 Requestbfor global setting for the rising time

It could be really useful, and forget fans-club, they love, so not critics possible.