8.0.3.23702 Public Beta

• On a similar and relevant note, It probably annoys those who have some music theory when they deal with other musicians who don't understand key signatures. Eg, “The chords go E A B C#m then Gbm” enharmonics, they musically-sound correct, yes, but technically not named correctly.

I can live with this in the same way that i understand everybody has their own way of understanding things and often we adjust our own language to communicate with others who we know understand differently, a bit like using a local dialect.

Dealing with the younger generation the sharp sign now gets referred to as the “hash tag”, something that didn't exist when i started learning but i find myself (reluctantly) having to call it that to connect with young players.

I suppose a sharp sign is more distinct and available in a regular character set than a flat which is often taken as a letter “b” and perhaps why it has been used more?

• If I am understanding the discussion of volume compensation/leveling, it appears that overdrives into distorting profiles will yield more distortion and very little or no volume increase as the overdrive volume is increased above 0.

This also appears to be the case when using the Pure Booster. And, for my use, that is AWESOME!

Thank you so much!

Be Thankful.

• I can live with this in the same way that i understand everybody has their own way of understanding things and often we adjust our own language to communicate with others who we know understand differently, a bit like using a local dialect.

That's why it's called music theory. There's no rules. The theory speculates and documents what is known to sound a particular way. When I learned theory, I was most shocked at the revelation that it wasn't rules, but observations.

• That's why it's called music theory. There's no rules. The theory speculates and documents what is known to sound a particular way. When I learned theory, I was most shocked at the revelation that it wasn't rules, but observations.

just to clarify, i was referring to music theory as a technical subject rather than as an art-form which, like art, is totally subjective.

Agree, if it sounds right/good that is the ultimate aim. The rest is a means to an end but, like it or not, there are some rules in music-theory like there are for driving on the road safely. (You wouldn't pass your theory test otherwise) Whether they are adhered to along the journey or not only a few people will know.

I sense were moving away from the original post subject.

• just to clarify, i was referring to music theory as a technical subject rather than as an art-form which, like art, is totally subjective.

Agree, if it sounds right/good that is the ultimate aim. The rest is a means to an end but, like it or not, there are some rules in music-theory like there are for driving on the road safely. (You wouldn't pass your theory test otherwise) Whether they are adhered to along the journey or not only a few people will know.

I sense were moving away from the original post subject.

For the sake of friendly argument, There are no "rules" in music theory. That's why it's called theory. Someone could say it's against theory and fail you for it, but if you harmonize in flat seconds and sold a million records doing it I'd say what you did was "correct". How do you think rap music survives lol.

• For the sake of friendly argument, There are no "rules" in music theory. That's why it's called theory. Someone could say it's against theory and fail you for it, but if you harmonize in flat seconds and sold a million records doing it I'd say what you did was "correct". How do you think rap music survives lol.

Can we agree that Music theory attempts to create a common language? Not everyone has to agree to it but it provides some level of standardisation.

No one knows how Rap survives, especially the "added" 8 bar rap breaks by mainstream artists to try and make their records sound cool....even my 13 yr old daughter sees it as contrived!

• I encounter this situation every time I tune my guitar – and as you can see in this thread I might not be the only guitarist who's brain is wired this way ;)

Lot's of your customers use lower tunings than Standard, Drop-B for example I simply internalize as B F# B E G# C#, not B Gb B E Ab Db. Also most of the Tabs I find on the web are in #, Guitar Pro uses #, my DAW uses #, my acoustic-guitar-tuner uses # – you see were I'm going…

I see your point and obviously lot's of people are happy about the change to b and I know this might be theoretically right in guitar world, but but why not simply allow the user to pick the mode he is more familiar with?

• +1 for #'s, even though I'm in the camp that usually either tunes standard or down 1/2 a step, when you're looking at a bubble, needle or strobe it's far easier to see with your peripheral vision whether the note says "D#" or "E" by the fact the letter changes, rather than trying to see whether the little symbol has appeared or not.

To delete the option for viewing at this point would be cruel to the people that want it, the best solution I believe would be a toggle.

P.S. I haven't ran the last 2 updates because of this

• I would hate to be a manufacturer of anything today, everybody keeps whining and wants a different options for minor things .

When the tuner was # I never complained, and lived with it and never had a problem using it but i do prefer it flat b but its not a major issue..

• I would hate to be a manufacturer of anything today, everybody keeps whining and wants a different options for minor things .

When the tuner was # I never complained, and lived with it and never had a problem using it but i do prefer it flat b but its not a major issue..

I think most of us can read it either way ;)