"Kemper Newbie" Simple Questions

• I Recently Purchased A Used But Next To New In Box Kemper / Un- Powered. At Startup It Shows To Be Running OS 7.3.1 Questions:

**Should I Be Downloading and Installing VIA Flash Drive A Newer "Released" OS ?

**Do You Have To Have Latest "Released" OS System Installed To On Kemper Prior To Running Rig Manager ?

The Reason For These Questions Is Due To, Perhaps Not Taking The Proper Steps, When Attempting To Install Rig Manager, Upon Start Up I Receive A Message Stating "Rig Manager Cannot Start Due To Missing Components, Please Perform The Following Steps" The Steps Provided Were Performed Multiple Times With Zero Success.

There Seems To Be A Bald Spot Of Information In Regards To Initial Set Up Of Rig Manager To Hardware When It Comes To Complete Newbies Setting Up.

I Am Not Completely Computer Dumb AND Have Tried Many Different Options Including Completely Uninstalling, Repairing, Reinstalling, Connecting To Kemper And Completely Removing All Kemper / RM Files From PC And Reinstalling, All With Same Result.

Running A PC With Windows 8.1 64 Bit.

Thank You In Advance For Your Patience AND Any Help Provided.

• I would update to the latest OS (or the new Beta) with thumb drive then use the latest version of RM. It's available on the website when you register. Normally I don't do betas but it has some RM fixes and it seems fine to me so far. From what I have seen full releases don't come too far behind the betas.

• I would update to the latest OS (or the new Beta) with thumb drive then use the latest version of RM. It's available on the website when you register. Normally I don't do betas but it has some RM fixes and it seems fine to me so far. From what I have seen full releases don't come too far behind the betas.

Should RM Install Without Kemper Connected To PC ?

If The Profiler Needs To Be Connected TO PC To Actually Install RM Then Perhaps That Is The Issue.

What Little Information I Can Find Makes It Sound Like RM Can Be Installed And In Fact Will Update Kemper When You Make The Connection.

• Which windows version are you running?

I had to upgrade from 7 to 10 when I got my Stage. RM and Win 7 don't get along.

And 8 might be worse. I skipped that, and was glad I did after hearing from my co workers that switched right when it came out. 7 Was better.

• Hi, Shahn0670.

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry you are having trouble installing Rig Manager.

Rig Manager 3 Release (3.0.145) for Windows

RELEASE VERSION of Rig Manager 3

KEMPER Rig Manager™ allows you to preview and manage your collection of PROFILER™ Rigs, Performances, and presets.

This version of Rig Manager should be used in combination with PROFILER OS 7.4.1 or higher

System requirements: Windows 8 or higher.

You should be fine with Windows 8.1 with the latest version of Rig Manager. I don't have any suggestions for the error message "Rig Manager Cannot Start Due To Missing Components, Please Perform The Following Steps". I can see you tried all the recommended steps.

I'd contact Kemper Support. ? Contact | Kemper Amps (kemper-amps.com)

Have you been able to update the Profiler to PROFILER Operating System 8.0.2?

If not - start with Downloads | Kemper Amps (Older Software Versions) Get PROFILER Operating System 7.3.2 Release for Upgraders.

Once you install 7.3.2 you can install

PROFILER Operating System 8.0.2

I would not install the beta PROFILER Operating System 8.0.3 until you have everything working using the production versions of the Operating System and Rig Manager 3 Release (3.0.145)

Here are some more resources for you.

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Rig Manager Download and Documentation

Kemper Tutorials & Demos

• ST....

That Did It Thank You..

Started With OS 3.2 Update Then The Latest AND Then Downloaded RM 3.0 And It Took Over From There.

All Is Working As It Should.....

Not Sure What The Missing Files Were BUT They Are Not Missing Any Longer.

I Think It Was All Stemming From Still Having OS 3.1.2 Running..

Big Thanks To Everyone..

• Glad to hear it. Welcome. Get ready to smile. Having a new Kemper can cause a condition where you play until 3:00 am and just can't put it down and become missing from your family for a while. Just a warning. Now I am an addict. I MUST play mine every day if not every other or I will start to shake with withdraws. The FEEL of the thing is what hooks you IMO. In a way I like it better than a "real amp". It may take a bit to get it dialed in but it can & WILL get there. You'll know because you'll just stop and go, Wow. And then it's over for you. There is a lot to learn from the manual and it's done pretty well. From there, many on here can help. Kemper has great attentive support too (and frequently answer questions here) if none of the local experts can help.This my be the best & most helpful forum group I've seen for a product!

• It’s already happened...

?

Actually the other version...

Woke up at 2:00 AM and have been in my DoJo every since....

LOL

After 30 some years of playing it is a complete Breath Of Fresh Air...

Complete Game Changer....

I purchased some profiles from Andy James last night, they loaded effortlessly, sound amazing AND here I am.....

I think I wore out Presonus....

?

???????????????

• I have Rig Manager working well on MacBook Pro and fully updated. However the Inspector Section to the right which provides all the data for each rig or performance is mostly cut-off leaving only partially visible words as if the window were reduced. Even if I drag to expand the Inspector section it still leaves cut-off data fields. When looking at tutorial videos for the RM, their's is the way it should be. Should I reinstall? If so, what is the best way to save all my rigs so that when I remove the software I don't lose all my purchased and tweaked rigs?

Thanks y'all!

• I have Rig Manager working well on MacBook Pro and fully updated. However the Inspector Section to the right which provides all the data for each rig or performance is mostly cut-off leaving only partially visible words as if the window were reduced. Even if I drag to expand the Inspector section it still leaves cut-off data fields. When looking at tutorial videos for the RM, their's is the way it should be. Should I reinstall? If so, what is the best way to save all my rigs so that when I remove the software I don't lose all my purchased and tweaked rigs?

Thanks y'all!

Its a bug which has been reported. As a work around. Drag the Inspector to full size then right over as far to the right as possible. It should now work as normal.