Hey guys, need your opinion on a clean for a profile im working on (dark jazzy). And also any suggestions for a video you guys may find useful?

• Hey guys, so I am trying to profile one of my favorite clean amps, and so far been following an approach that makes my barefaced cabinet and other FRFR cabinets respond super close to the real amp in the room.

THIS IS A CLIP OF WHAT THE PROFILE WOULD BE LIKE.
    https://drive.google.com/file/…CtA1wW6-/view?usp=sharing

What do you guys think? Hope you guys like it, and if so I can share the profiles once im done.

Also any ideas or suggestions? I can make other profiles of the same amp if you guys like it. I want to try various mic techniques to get a variety of sounds from the real amp. The above however is the sound I use that sounds like the real amp when played via the FRFR cabinet.

• sounds warm and sweet, as it should be to me :)

If you want to experiment more : I recommend taking various gain settings, as well as some with a cut in the bass , a slight cut in the trebles and some with a slight mid boost, for jazzy leads. If you have some sweet drives, profile them in the chain for Larry Carlton & Rit leads as well.

Try some super proximity miking , edge or center , and some more distant miking as well.

Which amp is it ?

• Awesome. Thanks for the advice man.

The amp is an Evans AH200, with their RES200 speaker.

I'lll give that a shot. The mic is really close, but I'll disable the reverb when it comes time to profile it (i had forgotten about that)

• Hi, nyandres,

Thanks for the clip.

There's a bite in the upper mid-range that's a little too edgy (for what you're playing) for me. I can't nail that down to a frequency range. It's more of an impression than something specific. I have a feeling that might be solved with a different mic placement or a different mic.

Out of curiosity, what mic, and what guitar are you using?

• Im using various mics... That specific tone (which sounds the closest to the sound in the room when played via FRFR) is through a Rode NTR ribbon mic. That being said, I'll keep in mind when making the profiles.

The other mics I have thought of using are
    -Townsend L22
    -Rode TF5
    -Rode NTR (the one recording the above clip)
    -Royer r121 (similar low end to above but more mid presence and a bit darker)
    -Senn e906
    -Shure SM57

Anyways , the placement right now in the clip was about 1.5" off of the center of the speaker at a 4" or so distance from grill. (Does removing grill make a good difference?)

• thx... Yeah i did try that with the other mics. The dynamic mics are much heavier on precense (sm57|e906) and worked way better of center. The ribbon's however are already pretty dark, due to their excessive proximity effect, so when I move it where an sm 57 becomes smoother, the ribbon mics end up sounding tooo dark (which i kinda like but its super dark).

Will a kemper profile work fine if I mic further (that could solve for the proximity effect), but just am not sure if that will make the profile loose dynamic detail? I get afraid, of the room affecting the profile if I mic further, but maybe thats ok?

Anyways will keep that in mind, thx guys for the help :)

I should have the profiles tomorrow or tuesday up :)

• Hey guys I did the profiles, but I dont know how to upload to the Rig Exchange Link to one of the profiles

I did a video showing the setup and the sound of the amp. I just dont know how to upload them into the rig exchange.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi, nyandres.

That's great. Thanks for being willing to share your Profiles.

Go here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/rig/exchange

At the top right - SIGN IN.

Then you can

You'll get instructions on how to upload your Rigs on the page that appears when you click the button.

• Glad to hear that. Yeah, that also turned out to be the setup I use the most for my cleans. The Warm definitely catches some magic, I think, which I was unable to match in the others . Anyways glad you like it.

I shared the profiles with Scott Buffington from Evans, and he is updating my AH200 with some new updates they have on their new amps. I may profile that as well once I receive the updated amp.