Different eq curves/responses on main eq

• Hello everybody!

I don't remember with who I was talking about it lately but, it could be an interesting feature (though it is not as important as other features).

I enjoy a lot the main eq, really efficient, still sometimes I'd like a more "fenderish" or "marshalled" eq (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Why not a more "tuby" eq?

Here is my reflexion, his fate is between your hands!

• Don't some amps have eq before the pre amp and some after? It might all start getting a bit complicated and you might be better using a studio eq wherever you want it in the chain.

Yes but the Kemper already has the ability to handle that. The existing 4 knob EQ in the Stack can be positioned Pre or Post to achieve this effect. If you want a Mark Series Boogie put the EQ Pre if you want a Dual Rectifier put it Post. Having some different EQ curves would just add a little more flexibility to this set up.

• Yes but the Kemper already has the ability to handle that. The existing 4 knob EQ in the Stack can be positioned Pre or Post to achieve this effect. If you want a Mark Series Boogie put the EQ Pre if you want a Dual Rectifier put it Post. Having some different EQ curves would just add a little more flexibility to this set up.

I guess this heads further into modelling territory for the profiler, but I definitely overlooked the eq being post and pre. Thanks Alan.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Converting the amp EQ to a four band parametric (with the same instant access via the knobs) would be extremely cool. I’m sure that somebody with a high level of nerdy gear geekiness would spend the time to plot the frequencies of popular amps

• Converting the amp EQ to a four band parametric (with the same instant access via the knobs) would be extremely cool. I’m sure that somebody with a high level of nerdy gear geekiness would spend the time to plot the frequencies of popular amps

thesres more to it than plotting the frequencies though. With almost all passive tone stacks (ie those n valve amps) the controls interact with each other. it doesn’t require much nerdy geekiness to work them out though as there sre already multip,e calculator tools available to model the effects pf various component changes to almost any tone stack you could design. Check out the Duncan Amps Tone Stack Calculator for example to see exactly what happens when you move the knobs on a Fender, Marshall or Vox amp. Then change a few components to turn the Fender into a Mesa for example.