Skipping performances while browsing

• Hi everyone, hope you all had a musical Xmas!

Just to check if this small issue is known: when browsing between performances with the arrow keys, almost everytime the KPA skips the next and goes to that one after the next... e.g. if I'm in performance no. 10 and press one time the up "Rig" arrow key, the KPA goes to no. 12 instead of 11 and I have to push the down arrow key to land to the right performance... weird and... not expected in such an expensive piece of gear... Anyone else faced this?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Fabio

• I tried to trouble shoot by deleting rigs, deleting performances, disconnecting from Rig Manager, etc. Nothing seemed to help. It does not skip when using the remote. It does not skip when scrolling through the New Performances, so I assume it has something to do with my performances.

I can tell when it is going to happen, because it takes a little longer to load the next performance; I get the impression that the Kemper loads the next Performance in the sequence, and then skips over it and loads the next Performance.

If there is a fix, I'd love to know about it.

Be Thankful.

• I tried to trouble shoot by deleting rigs, deleting performances, disconnecting from Rig Manager, etc. Nothing seemed to help. It does not skip when using the remote. It does not skip when scrolling through the New Performances, so I assume it has something to do with my performances.

I can tell when it is going to happen, because it takes a little longer to load the next performance; I get the impression that the Kemper loads the next Performance in the sequence, and then skips over it and loads the next Performance.

If there is a fix, I'd love to know about it.

very similar behaviour in mine indeed... mostly for the time consuming loading aspect. My intention is to backup, restore to pristine conditions and load the rigs I actually use, nothing more and... see if it woks. Thanks Kevin. P&L

when browsing between performances with the arrow keys, almost everytime the KPA skips the next and goes to that one after the next... e.g. if I'm in performance no. 10 and press one time the up "Rig" arrow key, the KPA goes to no. 12 instead of 11

Mine does NOT do this.

The Up and Down buttons on the Profiler and the Remote (and Stage) work as expected, incrementing and decrementing Performances one at a time.

I agree with paults. Consider contacting Kemper Support.

• Before contacting support, check if you can narrow in on specific Performances showing this behavior e. g. Performance 11. This information will help support to narrow in.

• First of all thanks a lot indeed to any of you!

Burkhard too late... Got in touch with guys in Germany already and they quite immy replied the flwg...

Looks like a known issues and... lazy me, I missed to do a firmware update before posting...

Post here hoping to be of common benefit...

Dear Fabio Pollero,

thank you for your email.

This issue has been addressed in the current update. If your Profiler is running a version that is older than 7.3.2 please make sure to update your Profiler to 7.3.2 before you update it to 8.02.

You can find the 7.3.2 version by following this link:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…8/Older-Software-Versions

Please follow the guidelines in the "How to update" PDF that comes with the download.

Once the nit is running 7.3.2 you can update to 8.0.2

With best regards, Hans

• Same with me. Known issue and not yet solved. Have the latest update but still does it randomly. Only with the up and down arrows/keys. With the type wheel no problem.
    Additionally the same issue is with the keys when filtering in browse mode eg for an author.

• Is it possible, that you hold the up/down buttons instead of hitting briefly?

Short hits perform single steps up and down. Holding those buttons initiates scrolling. If I hold one of those buttons for about two seconds, which is right at the border of scrolling, I'm able to reproduce double steps.

Are you able to reproduce double steps with just short hits of the up or down button?

• Hi everyone,

Burkhard, nope, I'm sure I hit very quickly the keys...

I made a flash restore to factory settings and the issue seems to be solved... moving between the few stock performances is now

fluid and one step at a time. I possibly had too many rigs loaded...

• Mine either. Short hits. That is the cause of me mainly using the type wheel in Performance Mode. No such issues when browsing through rigs in browse mode. Only when „filtering“ authors in browse mode or trying to move one performance up or down. Just randomly and not attached to a particular performance. Maybe I reset to factory settings as well. Maybe this is the key?!

• I'm investigating, if this is data related. If it does, a factory reset obvioulsy helps.

Not sure, what "filtering" authors in Browser Mode really means. You can sort by author or select the View "Current Author". For both, if you do, the Up and Down buttons often make little sense. If I select a Rig of Lasse Lammert - Rig Name starting with "LL - " - and change the View to "Current Author" and then use the Up/Down button, which normally takes me to the next/previous starting letter, in this case it can just switch between the first and the last Rig staring with "LL -" as all Lasse Lammert Rigs are starting with "LL -".

Or what do you expect from this function: filtering by author and loading a Rig with the following or previous starting letter?

• By the way, those of you experiencing this Performance skipping issue, have you really installed our current OS release, which is 8.0.2?

I can easily reproduce the issue - with customer backup - under 7.5.4, but not under 8.0.2!

And ... is Rig Manager connected, while you are experiencing the issue. And if so, which revision?

• When I am in „Browse Mode“ and press the up or down key the display shows up the name of the author of the rigs coming up or ended. Do not exactly remember. Randomly one of the authors are skipped. Just the same as with performances. Yes rather a sorting than a filter feature.
    I am having the latest revisions of OS (8.0.2.) and RM (3.0.145).
    There is no difference having the KPA connected to my Computer or not. What I perceive is that the KPA has a small delay when skipping.
    Anyway I am having rehearsal today and will check the reset function. I let u all know if it will then disappear.

• Ok, you seem to be using "Sorted by Author". Which of the Views are you using? Or could the View vary? If you for example select Views "Favorite" or "Just Bass", there are less Rigs and consequently less authors. And are you absolutely sure not to press twice accidentally?

I doubt, that this has anything to do with Performance skipping and nobody else has reported such behavior ever. Are you really always completely aware of the above scenarios?

If you are able to reproduce, please open a support ticket, attach a current backup of your PROFILER and instructions how to reproduce.

• Just an update: loading the OS sent to me by Support seems to have fixed the skipping issue. From my communication with Support, it appears they are working to fix this.

I am really glad this thread was started. I just assumed the behavior I was experiencing was normal.

Be Thankful.