Profiler Rant - or more likely to be lack of knowledge

• Thanks - looking forward to hearing the next files.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• That sounds so much better. Good thing you got it sorted. Where do you find that P-Tone rig by B. Ruppert?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Sorry - wasn't trying to get you to share a commercial profile. Better take that down.

• okay don't download it people. That brings up an interesting point though...It was in the rig exchange, I added a IR cab and tweaked it...so at what point do you call it your own? We had this same problem with synthesizer patches years back...you take a factory preset, modify it and share it...nobody ever thought anything about it. Im not selling or even putting my name on it.

• My bad. If it was free don't worry. Just couldn't find it there so assumed it was commercial.

• First thing to always try in cases like this is to plug in straight to the Kemper headphone amp with a pair of headphones you know well. This can help eliminate routing as the source of the problem.

Another thing I've seen people do if they really think there's a problem with the unit (besides contacting support) is to upload a DI track along with the KPA track (same take, if possible). Ideally, use a factory stock profile so any other users on the forum can attempt to reproduce the problem, or just re-amp it on their system and post the results.

• Very cool that the suggestions have sorted you out.

I always find these cases strange as I cant get it to sound bad. I tweak nothing. :)

Question: I'm using the main outs with XLR- TS cables to my interface. Am I correct to say these are unbalanced? It certainly doesn't sound bad to my ears. Would I be better off using standard TS - TS jacks?

Peace

• Glad you sorted it out!

Yup, TS connection from the KPA OUT to an instrument input at your interface is the way to go. If you need a balanced signal, just hook up the XLR ouputs ;)

It's better to use Line input for KPA OUT Line levels. Instrument input can clip ant it is designed for high impedance instrument pickup.

• I'd say that's what he meant, Damian. I've seen many musicians (not engineers) refer to TS / TRS's as instrument jacks as opposed to mic plugs / leads.

IOW, to the "layman" there're basically two flavours of jacks or leads - instrument and mic. Most aren't aware of amp->speaker leads and high-Z desk and interface inputs.

You're correct of course; just proposing a logical explanation for the Verminante statement.

• Actually it is mostly a community thing, we have tons of respect for the commercial profile makers, thats the reason you dont see tons of illegal download codes or torrents out there with thousands of commercial profiles. It might get taken down, but we appreciate you take it out if it is commercial. I am glad you fought back the phase issue, for me it worked wonders out of the box, but depending on your sound chain, things can get a bit messy with phases on the several mixes.

The answer is 42