Finding Presets & rigs

• How do you search for Bass rigs on rig exchange? I entered the search term "bass' and hardly anything comes up. I just don't get search engines.. Same with Reverb presets, I can't figure out how to filter and search for those.

That being said, does anybody have some favorite rigs for Bass for rock? I found one Ampeg that was rated 2.5 and thought it was great, but I'll bet the grass is greener...

• Hi, Dynochrome.

1. Right-click one of the column headings.
    2. Click Instrument.

This will reveal the Instrument column.

Then you can click on the Instrument column heading to invoke sorting by instrument.

• Make sure the "Instrument" column is enabled in your window and sort using that, mate. ;)

Note that I said, "Column" and "sort", not search, and made no mention of the search field.

I would have thought that, but there is no selection for "instrument" in the search box that I can see.

First step might've been to consult the RM manual and search "Instrument column", "Column" or something to that effect.

Personally I'd have tried "convention" first, à la iTunes, which also employs the right-click-on-column-header approach, as does a lot of software.

My M.O. is to try convention first, then scratch my head and consider alternative logic and finally resort to the manual. Fortunately the first two steps yield results 90+% of the time. :D Only if the manual route fails me do I ask here, which is why it's so-rare that I do, but hey, that's just me.

• Thank you, So does this work for searching for FX presets too?

If you are referring to your original question.

How do you search for Bass rigs on rig exchange? I entered the search term "bass' and hardly anything comes up. I just don't get search engines.. Same with Reverb presets, I can't figure out how to filter and search for those.

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

I'm sure it would have taken less time to try this in Rig Manager than it took to type the question.

You can sort by Category (click on the column-heading "Category")

or

Search for "reverb" in the Category (illustrated below).

• Thanks for your patience. I wanted to search rig exchange for some reverb & flanger presets to try. I've read the manual on rig exchange but that doesn't mean I memorized every word. In many ways it could have been explained better there IMO. I taught myself how to operate Autocad reading about 30" thick of manuals, so normally my reading compression is pretty good it just has to be explained in a way I can understand it. The way it was explained that under tips and tricks with "tags" didn't stick with me.

• SO there are only 60 reverb presets on all of Rig exchange? and 6 Flange presets??? I figured there would be a hundred: "Barracuda", EVH ,Queen etc.

• SO there are only 60 reverb presets on all of Rig exchange? and 6 Flange presets??? I figured there would be a hundred: "Barracuda", EVH ,Queen etc.

Presets are a relatively new feature, and there is not currently a way for people to upload them to Rig Exchange/Rig Manager for sharing.

There are only the Kemper Factory Presets. BUT, you can drag and drop ANY effects setting from ANY rig into a new preset.