Anyone play with ES335 style guitars

• I just did a bit of great googly moogly and it looks like Gibson filed their Lawsuit in 1977 but it only covered the Gibson Open Book head stock design. They settled out of court and Ibanez changed the head stock design to the one on @Finally's guitar. That doesn't tie up with with Finally's time line though and the internet is full of misinformation so basically I don't know ^^

• no ST it doesn't show anything else than EQ (or Volume)

that is a snapshot of what's captured when reproducing those above mentioned samples

I've used Izotpe Ozone 5 (it's old but it's still working fine)

- the Purple line represent the overall freqeincies coming out from the Les Paul (let's say the EQ spectrum of that riff, If played on a LP

..or simply.. how the LP Sounds those notes)

- the Yellow line is the Lucille freq

- the Red line it's the difference/relation between the 2 EQ lines;

it means it's the EQ You shoud have to add, to apply to the LP's Take, if You'd like it to sounds more like the Lucille's take.

Or, if You want to see it on the other way, basically it shows How the Lucille Sounds (in terms of EQ and Volume) if compared to the LP: less high Mids, less Highs, just a lil more Bass, and generally a bit softer/quiter.

You can listen the average loudness difference in the stereo track above...the Left side is Louder than the right one.

a note About Loudness:

I have to say that I've setted both guitars in the same way, same action, same PU height, same strings and I also have to say that the SD APH II Slash (Lp) are a bit hotter than the 490s (Lucille);

of course if You Play them Unplugged, the Lucille sounds Louder than the LP..but when recorded...

And of course that graph can not represent anything about the feel, the attutide, the... smell.. of playing 2 differents giutars.

• I just did a bit of great googly moogly and it looks like Gibson filed their Lawsuit in 1977 but it only covered the Gibson Open Book head stock design. They settled out of court and Ibanez changed the head stock design to the one on @Finally's guitar. That doesn't tie up with with Finally's time line though and the internet is full of misinformation so basically I don't know ^^

You can see mine in this 1976 catalog. It was one of the fairly expensive models - the 2467

I still think mine was made in 1975, but that could be wrong info from the previous owner.

https://www.google.com/search?…isvn#imgrc=yq6h1n90_xbqGM

• Found this Ibanez Artstar in 2008. A Judge appointed me to work a gang murder in Houston TX.

I spotted it in an Auto Mechanics shop connected to witnesses.

The owner showed me emails with photos to John Scofield's wife Susan who authenticated the guitar.

She said John asked Ibanez for a few guitars he would play shows with and give it away to charity.

He signed it on stage and an audience member won it in a raffle.

I met Sco in 1985 when he played with Miles Davis. We talked till the sun came up.

He would laugh if he knew that mechanic accepted $200.00 because I like the guitar but not a fan of Graffiti.