Keeping the changes of effect on/off when switching slots within a Performance untill you switch to another Performance

• Yes, absolutely agreed. When I step on any Rig in a Performance, I want it to be recalled in the exact state of when that Rig was built and saved.

• nightlight,

For those of us who don't have a performance per song (lots and lots of work to maintain), but rather have banks of tones that are used generically across many songs, it is nice to have an effect or two that are optional within a given song.

The problem then becomes, you get to the song, select your general performance, and turn on a chorus (for example), but within the song there is another rig you need so you switch over to that rig. When you return to the original rig, your chorus is off now.

Right.

I think of it as having one set of switches to control the amp channel (profile) and another set of switches to control the FX presets. This is how a basic multi-channel amp works with a basic MultiFX unit. When you change the amp channel, the FX setting doesn't change, and vice versa.

• I mentioned the Gordius Little Giant. You can actually change the way the floorboard is operating so that you can have it operate that way, or in regular mode, or in other modes. Heck, you can even programme it so that as you step on a single button, it will scroll up through each subsequent rig in a performance.

Another cool thing is the ability to change the order of performances as you scroll through each performance bank. A song list as it were for a show, without having to reorder them on the Profiler.

• Long post but please read :)

I think we're a little bit stuck in a discussion of for/against a choosable option in this thread so if we can agree on some basics I think we can avoid misunderstandings and make this a win/win for everyone.

1. If we get this "Lock per performance" mode in an update it will of course be an extra option and not harm the way Kemper works now. Everyone gets to choose if they want to have nothing locked, effects slots locked globally for the whole unit or locked only in some chosen performances.

I would personally use all 3 (or at least 2) of those modes in different situations:

I would have some performances made for specific songs when it's required where nothing would be locked and I could have radically different settings for Intro-Verse-Chorus-Solo... and so on stored att buttons 1 to 5 in that specific performance. (This works fine in some cases with a fixed setlist but if I'm at a cover gig with a repertoire of 500 songs to choose from and the singer shouts out a song title and key there is no time for scrolling through song specific performances when you hear the drummer go "1-2-3-4".....)

Then I would have some generic performances made for different types of music (pop/rock, country, jazz, metal...) to start from and use Lock per performance for chosen effects so I could change the amp/gain/sound (Rig) with buttons 1 to 5 for dynamic changes in the song, still keeping let's say my slapback delay on most of the time if this was a Country-Performance.

2. I don't think we as users need to find technical hinders for implementing this function, like coding and so on. Helix has this option and it works fine so I truly believe that a slight tweak of an already existing Lock-function is much easier for the Kemper team to manage than it is for the Helix team to make their product sound as good as the Kemper profiles :)

3. This is not really about the Lock options but I read somewhere in this thread that there are only 4 buttons you can use to turn on/off effects with so as a tip if you didn't know there are more buttons you can use if you want. On my Kemper Stage and the remote to my Kemper Rack I use the buttons I-II-III-IIII to turn FX on/off but since I never use the looper I have adressed that button to turn on/off another FX slot. I use a Mission expression pedal with a built in toe-switch which turns the wah on/off in yet another FX slot. When the pedal is in heel-position the tuner shows up so I don't need the TUNER button either so I set that switch to turn yet another FX slot on/off. The possibilities are endless AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE "LOCK PER PERFORMANCE" OPTION :)

4. To those who don't have a need for this function: Please support us who need it and you can use your Kemper exactly the way you have done before. Who knows, when the option is there you might one day use it if only for just one song. Just like if someone asked the Kemper team for yet another fuzz or maybe a new FX that makes their guitar sound like a hairdryer. I personally wouldn't use it but let 'em have it. I'll just leave it off, no problem.

After all we are just a big Kemper family! :)

• Some really good ideas in this post! :thumbup:

• JSJSJS while I have no use for this function and would find it more confusing than helpful I understand you points and hope you get your wish.

I have definitely been in the situation where a singer (usually at weddings where there typically is no set list) shouts a song that os 50 performances away from where you are and you need a quick go to sound to get through. I’m not sure this would have helped me in those situations but I certainly wouldn’t want to stop others from having a feature that makes their lives better/easier.

Now, if we could have that effect that makes the guitar sound like a hairdryer - I’m in ?

• Yea, I think it is those of us that don't have a performance per song setup that desire this feature. For those that just have a hand full of performances that are a general bank of tones, this would be nice. Not the end of the world mind you, you can always just copy the performance and make a variation, but then you are moving more toward the one performance per song thing. I can't speak for others, but for me, it is easier to remember fewer performance and just know "Oh yea, this song uses a compressed clean and then a Mesa heavy".

This method also makes it easier to sit in for another band. You just need to know the basic kinds of tones in the song and pick the performance that best meets that need from your small library of performances.

I do admire those of you that have your KPA setup for a performance per song. It's just too much work for me to keep straight with the ever changing setlist :)

• What would be a great addition is a pedal board mode for the Remote, which makes use of 8 buttons, for stomp A, B, X, Mod, etc.

This way you can turn on or off every single effect in a rig with one button press.

To get around the difficulty of switching from a clean to a dirty rig, I'd suggest turning the tap button into a morph control for this mode, which would change the gain on the profile from clean to dirty with instantaneously, without a ramp up and down.

The remaining button should be user assignable in this mode.