Gear You Got This Year - 2020

• Have you played with the Kemper Drive to try to tone match the Timmy? If yes, were you able to get close?

Let me put it this way:

The latest firmware update improved the pre-stack gain staging in the Kemper Drive (and likely the other boosters as well). But I can't say that I get anywhere close to what I like to dial in on my Paul Cochrane Timmy, Ceriatone Centura, Wampler Euphoria, Okko Diablo Gain+ or Colorsound Powerboost pedals ... regarding tone. I very much dislike the mid hump / bass cut of the Kemper Drive which can't be defeated. So I guess it's a nice overdrive for Tubescreamer territory but not for me. :)

I don't mind much because I own the actual pedals I like and just keep using them.

• Good thread!

This is gonna surprise even me!

Headrush pedalboard (curiosity got the better of me, subsequently sold it to purchase my Kemper)

Boss WL-20 compact wireless guitar system

Fender American Deluxe USA 2013 butterscotch blonde Telecaster, (sold to finance my PRS 35th anniversary)

Gibson USA Standard gold top Les Paul, (sold to finance my custom shop LP)

PRS silver sky horizon with rosewood fretboard, (sold to finance my PRS white maple fretboard)

Kemper toaster with remote footswitch (this is for keeps)

Mission expression pedal for remote

Headrush FR unit, (sold when Kone came along)

Candy red custom shop 60's Strat, (sold to finance Texas tea Strat)

Mint green Rebel relic Strat pickguard

Victory 112 speaker cabinet

Kemper Kone speaker, (to go inside Victory cab)

Ritter Camplifier stereo power amp (for my KPA toaster)

Monty's Pete Honore style tele pickups

PRS 35th anniversary custom in black gold burst

PRS silver sky frost with maple fretboard

1960's anniversary custom shop Les Paul VOS in Southern fade

Texas tea custom shop 62 Strat

Victory V40 valve amp

Victory 212 speaker cabinet

Pedal train Novo pedalboard

Cali76 compressor pedal

Ditto looper pedal

TC electronics tuner pedal

Thorpy The Dane boost/overdrive pedal

MXR Carbon copy analogue delay pedal

Boss Waza amplifier headphones, (sold as they weren't great)

Kingtone Mini Fuzz GE pedal

Kingtone Dualist overdrive pedal

Yamaha HS8 studio monitors (pair)

Studio monitor stands

Gigrig power supply and numerous adaptors

Victory V4 The sheriff pre-amp pedal

Various leads

I think thats it, hope my wife doesn't read this!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• the big scores would be:

Kemper Profiler

Novation SL MKIII

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man TT 1100 ms

Upholstered my 4x12 and filled it with speakers!

RME Babyface Pro FS

a bunch of Plugin Alliance plugins

a nice producer's desk for a good price.

Could've collected more guitar stuff but this year it's been more about being a multi instrumentalist. Happy New Year!

Edited 2 times, last by jtn191 ().

• Kemper Stage

TC BAM-200

Kemper Kone

Peavey 1x12

BluGuitar Amp1 Mercury edition

BluGuitar BluBox

Strymon Iridium

Chase Bliss Automatone

MXR Phase 90

Headrush 108

Pedal Train Metro 24

Some plugins inc. Neural DSP Abasi and Cory Wong and Izotope/Exponential Audio bits and pieces

Ibanez Pia SDG

Ibanez AZ 2204 Gold

Höfner “violin” bass

EVH Wolfgang Special

Probably missed some things

• Yikes! That's a Helluva list for one year.

Did you manage to eat? :pinch:

I think Covid hasn't helped, retail therapy!

Probably have to reign it in for 2021, probably/possibly the Cortex as curiosity may get the better of me.

Oh and a Tele Ultra, and possibly a HSS Fender pro 2......

......this aint gonna end well.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I'm going to show this thread to my wife as she thinks I buy too much gear...Im shocked and impressed by others!!

Last year was pretty basic:

• Kabinet
    • Gretsch White Falcon - bucket list guitar

Don;t do much studio so very little audio.

• How are you digging the VSX, Ally? Ive had the Waves Nx thingy with head tracker for a few years, but don't really use it. I also had the Focusrite VRM box back in the day.

Sam it has changed my mixes as much as the kemper did ...honestly ...I hardly use my monitors anymore ...takes a little while to get used to but my mixes are faster and more consistent now and translate well ...

Interstingly it has also made me appreciate profiles in a different way hearing them more accurately..

And .....I can hear all of this on any computer system anywhere ..seriously impressed

• Sam it has changed my mixes as much as the kemper did ...honestly ...I hardly use my monitors anymore ...takes a little while to get used to but my mixes are faster and more consistent now and translate well ...

Interstingly it has also made me appreciate profiles in a different way hearing them more accurately..

And .....I can hear all of this on any computer system anywhere ..seriously impressed

That’s a serious endorsement!

• This past year, I purchased my second Kemper(Stage), and since I am a 13 pin guitarist, a Boss SY1000.

This combo takes it over the top, as I can send the Guitar model of my choice, out of the sub out of SY into the Kemper, and still use the surprisingly great SY amps, to create the second amp, going out of the main out, into my mixer. When I use dual amps, in this manner, I put the SY delay, with a few millisecond delay, mix full delay, out of the SY's main out, and it gives me a really nice double tracked sound, when combined with the Kemper. The other killer features on the SY are just icing on the cake. Great combo!!!

• Well...

Before 2020 i just played a Marshall Combo and a Epihone SG Pro. And than it all started in the end of 2019... (started a band and borrowed gear first).

2020:

- Gretsch G5220LH Electromatic Jet Dark Cherry Metallic

A Beauty. I love this guitar. It's so nice to play and looks fantastic.

- Marshall 1960AV

- Fender Telecaster Player Black

So easy to play. So light. Never thougt i would play a Telecaster.

- Behringer UMC404HD

Beginner interface for demos/home-recording. Will be upgraded soon.

- Harley Benton DC-Junior LH TV Yellow
    Just wanted to try a P90 guitar without spending too much. As a lefty, there is not so much choice... I'm still not that happy with it. It plays OK and i will keep it right now, but i'm missing the punch in the sound.

End of 2020-2021:

- Kemper Profiler Rack and a Palmer Macht 402 (well... that's why i'm here...)

- Behringer FCB 1010

and the journey goes on. At the moment i have my eyes on a beautiful Gibson Les Paul 2018 Tribute.

• and the journey goes on. At the moment i have my eyes on a beautiful Gibson Les Paul 2018 Tribute.

:) I was posting ''it's a long way to the top if You wanna RnR'' but this one is better -- TOP!!!^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.