Expression pedal question

• I have read through the setup and watched the video. I see two ways of potentially getting what I want and wanted to know if there was a preference or a difference.

I want to set up so that if a wah FX slot is on, it bypasses in toe position and when the FX slot is turned off, there is no volume pedal function.

To achieve this I understand I could either turn the volume pedal to off in rig settings, or deselect Wah>volume correct?

Is one way better than the other or is it six of one and half a dozen of the other?

I also noted in the video @ 10:30 he says pedal in #6 is initially configured for a wah pedal, but I read pedal #6 is initially configured for pitch on page 129 of the manual. Just a quibble to show I'm paying attention!

• If you intend to use your expression pedal exclusively as Wah Pedal, never as Volume and never as Pitch Pedal, it is most logical and straight forward to deselect "WahPedal to Volume" and "WahPedal to Pitch". These are global settings. Within the wah effect select Pedal Mode "Bypass @ Toe".

• If you intend to use your expression pedal exclusively as Wah Pedal, never as Volume and never as Pitch Pedal, it is most logical and straight forward to deselect "WahPedal to Volume" and "WahPedal to Pitch". These are global settings. Within the wah effect select Pedal Mode "Bypass @ Toe".

Thank you. It didn't soak in reading that "WahPedal to Volume" and "WahPedal to Pitch" were global. I mistakenly thought that they were both rig dependent for some reason and so that and the off knob setting in rig settings appeared to be somewhat redundant. That makes it easier to understand what to do. So if I wanted to use the volume on just one rig in a performance or performances, I'd have to have Wah> Volume soft button on, and turn volume pedal to off on all others via rig volume selection then.

• And to second what has been said:

The pedal settings were designed to do exactly what you need.

Set up your Rig individually as you intend, concerning the Wah effects and Volume Pedal settings.

Afterwards, you can opt for a combination of Wah and Volume (Wah>Volume), cancle this link with one click and defeat the Volume Pedal funktion.

At a different point in time you could connect a separate and dedicated Volume Pedal side by side with your Wah Pedal (and even Pitch or Morph Pedal.

All without touching your Rigs.

• Great. As I had wrote, For some reason I didn't realize that the soft buttons were global (even though they were in system settings which I believe are all global, duh) That confused me for a bit, I believe to understand the methods to get what I want. Thanks!