sound problem

• Today when i turned my kemper on all the profiles sound tinny without and bass at all,and this just happened out of the blue without changing any settings.

I thought it was my interface and so plugged direct into kemper and got the same problem.I also checked the guitars wiring and made sure the pickups still had a magnetic charge,and all was fine.i have not touched a single thing ans so this is very weird,please please help someone.

• no,i have not clicked cab button to off and my guitar cable is brand new.Low cut hasnt been touched either.

I have tested headphones direct into kemper and the sound is no different,this happened out of the blue the other day when i turned it on.

I have not tried a factory reset yet,will try that today.I have noticed that there are other people that are getting similar problems with sound,it is not very good that everytime you turn on the kemper you are in fear of it randomly deciding to change the sound.

• maybe my guitar has some unseen problem in wiring somewhere.worse time to happen during lockdown.In great britain we are on another 3 month national lockdown so everthing apart from food shops are closed.

• What I have experienced lately is when I just bought a brand new cable, that was the 'problem'. I am used to using long cables and this time I ordered a short one. Night and day difference because of the capacitance difference. Maybe first try your old cable?

• Are you using a Focusrite? Try invoking Scarlett Mix Control. That should fix the problem. If you don't invoke Scarlett mix control you will still get sound, but it will be tinny.

• I use a mayones regius 7 gothic monolith with bareknuckle juggernaughts,and use a focusrite solo. I spoke to kemper team and they told me to do a reset,and so i did,but the problem is still there. I am not the first to report this problem as i have seen many others reporting on this same issue.

One day its fine and then the next day you turn it on it has changed.This is not really acceptable for a device that costs so much.I could be wrong,it might be that my guitar is at fault,but i will not know until the covid lockdown comes to an end.

The sound is hollow,brittle with no punch at all,i am totally confused.

• This happened to me once! I was puzzled because just like you I didn't touch any settings. In my case I unplugged power cable, waited a few seconds, plugged cable back and after "cold reboot" I got my sound back. This was on Stage (never ever experienced things like this on Toaster).

• This also happened to my Stage once. I powered down, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in then powered it back on and haven't experienced it again.

No idea what caused but it's certainly interesting to know I'm not alone.

I know this doesn't help, but thought I'd at least throw my hat in the ring to hopefully bring more attention to this "glitch".

Is there an expression pedal connected?

I had this happen on my stage 2 weeks ago right when I was trying to increase the volume using my expression pedal. The sound just dropped out and was thin sounding. It helped after shutting down and restarting but it still seems like it is not as loud.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Hi, sstauffer,

I had this happen on my stage 2 weeks ago right when I was trying to increase the volume using my expression pedal. The sound just dropped out and was thin sounding. It helped after shutting down and restarting but it still seems like it is not as loud.

Try recalibrating the expression pedal.

Go into the System settings.

Navigate to the page for your expression pedal

Press Calibrate (first soft button above the display)

Sweep the pedal all the way from the heel through to the toe position. The bar below “Calibrate” should reflect that move.

Does that help?

ST