Don't buy this pack!

• Hi people

This thread is not in purpose of talking dirt on anyone, just thought you should know...

I bought a pack from Victory amps, by Rabea Massaad and it is bad.

I saw his review of this pack on YouTube and it sounds absolutely nothing the same!

Dark, Dull, Messy, and lifeless.

There are couple of usable tones, just nothing like the review and not worth the money.

This was my first commercial pack that I ever bought so I'm quite disappointed...

Please tell me it's not always like that with all commercial pack out there!!

• There are good commercial profilers out there. Your ears will tell you which are best for you, so I'd advise checking out the free rig packs that are available via Rig Manager.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I had picked up the V140 set from Victory and also found them very dark and dull. I found two things to get around that. The cabinet Low Shift was set to -2 for all rigs. I set them back to 0 which helped, but still a bit dark for me, so I raised the definition on the Amplifier settings until they sounded right.

• There are good commercial profilers out there. Your ears will tell you which are best for you, so I'd advise checking out the free rig packs that are available via Rig Manager.

Glad to hear so, The thing that bothers me the most is that you can't know if a pack is good for you until you buy it...

Unless as you said you can get your hands on free examples, but even then not always, right?

• Yes, straight out of the box this pack sounds horrible on studio monitors / headphones (mostly due to cab "shift" settings), but it is quite simple to "fix" them (fix cab shifts, play with amps presence and definition + a touch of EQ to taste). I'm very happy with some V40 and Kraken sounds. I don't regret purchasing this pack.

In general, I find commercial profiles to be hit and miss - it is virtually impossible to make everyone happy - some level of tweaking will always be necessary.

• I know I sound like a broken record, but I've been saying for years that you really can't go wrong with Bert, Guido and Michael.

These are some amazing world wide Profile makers no doubt!

Personally most of Michael Britt's profiles sounds too dull and dark for me as well,

Bert got some good stuff going on, and I haven't tried Guido tbh

Haven't found good high gain monsters from these profilers tho

Anyway, thank you for directing me to these great profile makers :)

• No worries, Yoav!

Yes, Michael's older stuff sounded darker. My M.O. until late 2018 was to routinely lower the bass knob in the Stack EQ from, say, 12 to 10 o'clock. Everything since and including the Crank ’n Go Pack from November 2018 has had less bass and been more-balanced IMHO, which makes the Profiles seem brighter and have more bite / mix-cut-through out-of-the-box.

Yes, Bert doesn't really do very-high-gain. Not "metal" high-gain, but there're plenty of great rock / cock-rock candidates in his packs. Bert's the mojo guy AFAIC. Really-organic sounds.

Guido has some heavy stuff with plenty of balls. Maybe check out some of his high-gain monsters; he's Profiled many.

• I just checked Guido out and he have some really nice high gain metal style profiles!

The M britt free profiles on RM are old ones?

Cause these are my reference lol

• Try The Amp Factory (TAF). Andy has loads of different packs to suit most needs. I find them to be pretty well balanced in general. Still use some of the first profiles I bought from him including the 1964 Copper AC30. Ok, it’s not exactly high gain, but a great sounding amp profile.
    Happy New Year

Pre-Amp

• Yeah The Amp Factory profiles are very good. They were kinda the first big profiler sensation in the golden days :) and since then newer profilers have stolen the spotlight somewhat. But TAF profiles are still among the best. Definitely recommended.

MBritt profiles have a very characteristic darker tone. You either like it or you don't. I use a few, but generally I like brighter ones. I always hear the MBritt profiles really shine with live use. I don't know, I mostly just play home.

I always recommend everyone to just browse the Rig Exchange. There are really good free profiles available.You just need to skip a few bad ones, but definitely worth it if you have some time.

• MBritt is realy good profiles. I always use EQ and boost, and they realy shine with my strats and Tele! Dark or bright profiles is very easy to compensate with EQ and voicing! its the thing in the middle who realy is the inportant thing, that many guitrists realy forget! You can have as cool prestets as you want in your bedroom and headphones, but you need to understandthat your presets have to be made at gigvolume and that people will hear the sound trough your PA!! not your cab playing for your knees!

• Which pack have you bought?

You are right, most of the packs sound too dark, lifeless.

There are two points: Some of the amps had been obviously profiled with neutral EQ settings (and for use with real cabs). You should be able to tweak it more like a "real amp", adding treble...

BUT second thing is, the original cabs / cab section is near to unusable, really bad :D

Don't waste your time with tweaking here. First try to find other cabs you like and try them with the profiles - and they will come alive.

It's a bit ironic, that the official Victory Two Notes DynIR cabs are some of the best Two Notes cabinets - they work great even with the Kemper amp packs ;) They should just reshoot the amps using these...

• Oh right I haven't tried swapping the cab!!

I'll try it and will let you know how it went :)

Btw' I bought the pack of the VX100, V140 and BD1,

which by what Rabea said are supposed to be much less darker than the older Packs...

• The M britt free profiles on RM are old ones?

I don't know Yoav. I think it's a mix of old and newish.

MBritt profiles have a very characteristic darker tone. You either like it or you don't.

As I said earlier Daniel, they suddenly became less-bassey from the Crank ’n Go Pack from November 2018 onwards.

IIRC Michael said he was no longer using the cab he'd used as standard prior to this and I assume that's why the results are brighter and less-bassey now.

I just checked Guido out and he have some really nice high gain metal style profiles!

Told you mate. ;)

I assume you listened to the Soundcloud demos on his website. If not, they're the best way to easily compare packs 'cause he showcases each one's lead, rhythm and clean components. The free Rig Pack in Rig Manager may not have the heaviest stuff in it. I don't know, but it would be logical to audition them too, assuming you haven't already.