Don't buy this pack!

• Oh right I haven't tried swapping the cab!!

I'll try it and will let you know how it went :)

Btw' I bought the pack of the VX100, V140 and BD1,

which by what Rabea said are supposed to be much less darker than the older Packs...

So far I tried a lot of different cabs and it sounded much better in my room in relatively low volume...

But as the volume went up it sounds ok

• Glad to hear so, The thing that bothers me the most is that you can't know if a pack is good for you until you buy it...

Unless as you said you can get your hands on free examples, but even then not always, right?

I've bought som rig packs from vendors that have given away a few free profiles and liked one of them so much I opened my wallet. And been dissapointed when I discovered that that free profile I liked was the only one I liked and the rest mediocre and unusable for me. So a few free profiles are no garantee.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I know I sound like a broken record, but I've been saying for years that you really can't go wrong with Bert, Guido and Michael.

I would ad TopJimi's profile: most of my records are done with his profiles. But then again: it is a very personal taste!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Cab switching is so vital, it can not be understated. Sometimes I would change the cab on a high gain profile to a cab from a profile that was shot with a clean tone and vice versa.

For this reason I tend to aim for DI profiles and then add whatever cab. DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE MERGE BUTTON!!!

For a very long time I didn't hit the merge button becuase I didn't think it mattered till one day I did and the sound was a big noticeable difference.

I guess I was also scared that merging meant it would change forever or something but you can press it again and un-merge it or swap it back out later even after you save it.

• Cab switching is so vital, it can not be understated. Sometimes I would change the cab on a high gain profile to a cab from a profile that was shot with a clean tone and vice versa.

For this reason I tend to aim for DI profiles and then add whatever cab. DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE MERGE BUTTON!!!

For a very long time I didn't hit the merge button becuase I didn't think it mattered till one day I did and the sound was a big noticeable difference.

I guess I was also scared that merging meant it would change forever or something but you can press it again and un-merge it or swap it back out later even after you save it.

Really

What's that merge button?

If it sounds good it is good. This is not the intended use case for the merge functionality though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Good is good yes, but what do you mean intended functionality?

Merge = separating the exact cab part from a studio profile to match the CORRESPONDING direct amp profile.

You make a studio profile, than you make a direct amp profile without cab (using di box, cab still connected) of the SAME amp with SAME settings. Then you copy the cab of the studio profile to the CORRESPONDING direct amp profile. NOW merge does match / "calculate" the exact proportion of the cab part. Result: You get a merged profile, where amp part and cab part are separated more realistic.

If you just merge any cab with any amp part the result is nothing but random anything ;)

• As a general observation, my bright single coil guitars and full range humbuckers sound best with most commercial profiles that I've bought. Especially MB. It's not a deficiency, just a preference.

With any warm humbuckers I usually have to brighten things up. I use an EQ or clean boost pedal before the amp section (or in front of the Kemper). Not to boost or push the amp, just to shape the tone to play well with most profiles.

If there's a specific warm HB sound I need I'll just create a dedicated profile for that tone from that guitar.

• Merge = separating the exact cab part from a studio profile to match the CORRESPONDING direct amp profile.

You make a studio profile, than you make a direct amp profile without cab (using di box, cab still connected) of the SAME amp with SAME settings. Then you copy the cab of the studio profile to the CORRESPONDING direct amp profile. NOW merge does match / "calculate" the exact proportion of the cab part. Result: You get a merged profile, where amp part and cab part are separated more realistic.

If you just merge any cab with any amp part the result is nothing but random anything ;)

That's kinda true, I just use my ears. If it's good it's good right? 8o

• My two subjective cents:

What I realized testing all those Rabea's Victory profiles is they get better played through a Kemper Kone, but despite of that I agree with the OP, they're a bit dissapointing played through monitors or headphones, dull and dark.

I think is not easy to find good Victory profiles. I don't know if there's any problem profiling these amps and make justice to their excellent sound. The ReampZone's VX100 version is not pleasant to my ears either, too much harshness.

The most organic profiles i have found are the TAF ones, specially the driven V30's, but you have to like the "TAF sound". If you're looking for a more "in your face" type of sound like the MBritt's 2020 pack, then maybe TAF is not for you.

Anyway, stay healthy all of you guys. That's the real victory. :thumbup: