Recommendations (random assortment of metal amps)

• I don't know if this is allowed but here are some reviews of random commercial packs I have used on my kemper. Maybe someone out there will find this useful. These are my personal opinions and I havent tried to separate evaluation of the amp vs the capture.

Excellent and highly recommended:

Sinmix Bogner XTC - good range of very usable tones, quite bright sounding with my guitar. Versatile.

Sinmix Cornford MkII 50w - surprisingly good for metal, a bit SLOish but much more raw and interesting imho.

Choptones Friedman JJ - works really well with new kemper drives. The HBE mode sounds thick and chewy and the JJ scooped tones get very metal. The JJ modes need EQ tweaking but this is probably my favourite sounding commercial amp pack so far.

Decent:

MBritt Driftwood mini - nice 5150ish kind of tones, great range of clean to mean. Very capable of most styles and a great value pack.

Sinmix 6505 - good for straight up metal, doesnt capture the full range of tones in this amp, but then you probably arent playing a 6505 for its clean tones.

Average/Underwhelming:

Petes Profiles Diezel Herbert - captures a very wide range of the Herb tones across a huge array of microphones but the midcut captures seem to really miss the mark, which is a shame because its a brilliant amp.
    Choptones Boogie JP2C - huge range of tones but why do people love this pack so much? I dont like the tones in this pack but then again I havent found a single boogie amp I've ever liked to be honest. Not as bad as a triple rec at least!
    Sinmix Engl Savage - I want to like this, it's a tight kt88 amp which is right up my street, unfortunately it's just too sterile and sounds boring.

Sinmix Randall Satan - As above, I love some Fortin amps but this pack left me kind of uninspired. It's plenty tight enough but just not organic feeling enough.

I've only mentioned amp packs that I think are interesting, stuff like bugera trirecs, orange tiny terrors etc. I have not included because I think they are kind of boring. I can update my opinions on these other things if people really want. Hopefully somebody finds this interesting/useful.

Edited 4 times, last by trapdoor ().

• The only commercial MB pack I've ever liked is STL Tones. Sometims they have everything cheaper so that's when I bought it. Highly recommended.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau