Apple Sillicon compatibility

• I just got an M1 max pro last week. Will have to fire it up soon and see. I opened rig manager and it booted right up, without the Kemper connected at least. So Rosetta at least was able to do that. And btw Rosetta is something that apparently just runs in the background undetected, not something you have to mess with to get non supported apps to work right.

• And btw Rosetta is something that apparently just runs in the background undetected, not something you have to mess with to get non supported apps to work right.

That's how Rosetta worked in the transition from PPC to Intel, but not how this new version works, mate.

What this one does is translate apps during installation; there is no further involvement beyond that point. This means that there's no ongoing CPU hit by a software-translation layer as was the case previously. There's still a theoretical penalty 'cause apps are translated but not optimised for AS, the latter being something only devs can do, which they will over time. In the meantime 'though it's turned out to be an excellent transition tool by all accounts.

• I have a mac mini with the M1 chip and everything is smooth (updating, sharing profiles, changing preset values (even if we still can't ener them with a keyboard, but that's a different story, sigh...).

• That's how Rosetta worked in the transition from PPC to Intel, but not how this new version works, mate.

What this one does is translate apps during installation; there is no further involvement beyond that point. This means that there's no ongoing CPU hit by a software-translation layer as was the case previously. There's still a theoretical penalty 'cause apps are translated but not optimised for AS, the latter being something only devs can do, which they will over time. In the meantime 'though it's turned out to be an excellent transition tool by all accounts.

I see. Well good news so far is that everything I use my computer for seems to work just fine. It’s pretty robust, so even if many programs won’t be running at max efficiency, don’t think it will give me any issue; not in the middle of any recording projects

• Update: I got to try up out rig manger with my Kemper Stage today. The Rig manager software seems to work just fine on the M1 mac running Big Sur of course. Only hitch is this:

When launching it I get this meaningless message each time. "Cannot log into PROFILER Rig Exchange. Please verify your user name and password in the preferences." Ignoring this and just Xing out the pop up window; I still can click on the Rig Exchange and audition rigs in it. So not sure the issue there, but it doesn't seem to matter either way.

I am able to monitor my KPA on the M1 using my 3rd gen focusrite 2i2. However, the actual software for the focusrite isn't compatible yet, not sure why Rosetta doesn't make this work. So I instantly am able to select the audio interface as it's recognized just fine in the audio setting in system preferences and monitor my kemper just fine, even though the focusrite control software says there's no hardware recognized.

I launched Reaper, my DAW of choice and discovered that it seems to work itself. However, I'm having issues with third party plugins. For example, if I open an old project that has Waves plugins I cannot even bypass the Waves plugins to open those projects. Even choosing SKIP just prompts me with the same window again. The issue there is also that my Waves plugging need to be registered for this Mac anyway (also requiring me to update since I'm on version 9, which was "new" when I upgraded to Gold in December 2018. Now they're on version 12 (How did they get from version 12 from version 9 in just 2 years and a month?) IN any case, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to open those old projects containing waves pluggins even if the waves plugging are bypassed and not operable themselves. So perhaps Reaper isn't working right yet.

I also cannot get EZ drummer to work. Even though it's now authorized for this computer, it says there's an issue with the audio interface in the window of that plugin, despite hearing audio through the interface just fine from my guitar in the audio track that's monitoring the Kemper.

So the short is this: Rig Manger seems to work just fine. If you're doing audio recording, you may want to wait a while to get an M1. Thankfully, I'm not doing any recording projects for a while, so I'm not too concerned about it at the moment.

• Grooguit Awesome feedback bro, I'm still having this same issue with Focusrite, which is an 6i6 and im waiting for the compatibility driver.
    i was afraid that still some issues with rig manager, but its working well for me too. I just want to know from kemper if there is a roadmap for next builds to run natively with M1 chip.

Kemper Rack with Remote

Bogner Duende 24W
    Focusrite 6i6

• *Rig manager is perfectly fine with M1, ignore the one issue I mentioned about it asking me to enter my passcode. I had updated a bunch of passwords when I got this Mac, forgetting I had updated my kemper passcode as well. Once I entered my login info in the preferences in Rig manager it worked just fine and stopped prompting me. So that minor issue wasn't one at all and had nothing to do with this being an M1 mac or even a new Intel mac, just a user error.

So the short of it. M1 is glitchy with some hardware and recording software for now, but in my experience is perfect for using Rig Manager.

• +1 Macbook Air M1 runs Rig Manager perfectly for me, zero issues at all.

How do you connect? Cables, interfaces, etc? I’m contemplating buying en macBoom Air... but read some usb issues with connecting to the Kemper Head (usb b)

• Hi Malphie, I use a USB C hub I bought on Amazon to connect USB to my unpowered rack head. I think it was ~ $40, and has an ethernet port as well. I'll go ahead and mention the Kemper iPad app is also working really well with this set up. Good luck!

• Greetings Google-search finders!

Just an FYI, Rig Manager has had native M1 support (no need for Rosetta) since v3.1. ??