Frozen since the update [fixed]

• Hummmmm. I haven't updated yet.

Now, for the 1st time, I'm wondering if I should hold off or not...?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Thanks, Burkhard. Version 8.0.3.23702 went in without issues.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Burkhard, yes I tried restarting the profiler multiple times and Rig Manager. With USB cable connected and disconnected. I filled out a support ticket and they only sent me info for a repair center. I'd like to fix the problem myself if possible.

Sort of frustrated with the support response.

Edited once, last by jtn191 ().

• Burkhard, yes I tried restarting the profiler multiple times and Rig Manager. With USB cable connected and disconnected. I filled out a support ticket and they only sent me info for a repair center. I'd like to fix the problem myself if possible.

Sort of dissatisfied with the support response.

Your unit is out of warranty and requires repair. If you want to perform the repair yourself you need to contact the service center and ask them for the parts you need and their availability.

• Had a similar freeze like that yesterday, except the profiler rack screen showed blank except for 'Kemper Profiler' (no other words, symbols, status bars, etc.) Neither rig manager or the rack responded anymore.

Turned it off for a minute, then back on, it's back to normal.

• Had a similar freeze like that yesterday, except the profiler rack screen showed blank except for 'Kemper Profiler' (no other words, symbols, status bars, etc.) Neither rig manager or the rack responded anymore.

Turned it off for a minute, then back on, it's back to normal.

similar but different. In your case it was caused by software and a simple restart fixed it. In the case of jtn191s unit the support diagnosted a hardware issue that needs repair.

• I'd suggest including a disclaimer that owners of a certain batch may need to pay for a repair after an update.

I would not have updated.

If the issue was caused by software you should be able to fix it by installing an older version of the operating system. Have you already tried that?

• Seems to be functioning now. Not sure what caused it--just locked up. Come to think of it, the buttons (system, rig, quick store, undo, redo, exit, page front and back) don't normally light up...but the buttons above the LCD, the Type and Browse knobs, page front and back WERE unresponsive. Didn't really do anything, just moved 4 hours away from my hometown back to my apartment. Was getting ready to reinstall a new OS to see if it worked. I apologize for being hyper, the Kemper is one of my most prized possessions atm and was worried about missing it while sending it out or paying to have it repaired.

Edited once, last by jtn191 ().

• same here :( happened to me yesterday and it was fine until then. It happened after upgrading, so disappointing. Let me know if you can make any progress

I started running the process for downgrading software (format a drive on the Kemper). And it worked on this boot up. So I guess try again or try downgrading