Reamp, reaper, spdif, 8i6

• Hi everyone, new there

I’m trying to reamp with my kemper profiler with a focusrite 8i6 using reaper. I’ve seen a lot of tutorial on YouTube but I can’t understand what I’m missing, probably a reaper input/output settings. If anyone here uses reaper I hope they can help me.

• Go into your Reaper settings and make sure 'all' the inputs and outputs are mapped from the 8i6. Then save that instance of Reaper as a template so you don't have to go back and change settings again if you start up a default template.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thank you so much for replaying both!!

So,
    For example, I want to reamp my midi bass:

- I have the di

- I select the input as “spdif1”

- in the input of my kemper I choose “spdif input reamp”

- the di still clean

I don’t have idea on how I had to set the I/O on the track di, I tried all and nothing works

On the reaper audio device I select the 1st input from 1 and the 2nd to “10 loop”, the output from 1 to 6.

• I'd love for someone to figure this out because I'm having the same problem. Can't figure out how to reamp in Reaper and I'm sure it's something I'm not changing correctly in Reaper. I'm using a Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre and doing everything with the two SPDIF cables. So I'm guessing that me and rippitydippity are having the same issue. How to take the dry/DI track and then record the new reamped track in Reaper?

• I have a MOTU M4 - 4/4. I don't have SPDIF. But this is how my Reaper Preferences are...

I assume your last input and last output would be the SPDIF, whereas mine is Line in 4 and Line Out 4. ??

Check out this tutorial to set up Kemper outputs for recording...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My Reaper preferences look nothing like that. I've watched that video a few times and it doesn't help me with the Reaper settings at all because I don't see any way to tell Reaper to send Track 4 (or whatever the direct track is) back through my SPDIF to the Kemper for reamping.

These are my Reaper options. I'm using the most current version and on a Mac.

Edited once, last by OhG ().

• I have Logic and a Scarlett 6i6. The Spdif inputs and outputs map to 5 and 6 so when recording I set the Kemper spdif outs to gtr and master mono, dry comes in on 5 and the amp is on 6, mute the dry input for recording. To reamp I set the Chanel output to 5, set the Kemper input to spdif in reamp and the spdif outputs back to master stereo (if I’m recording for myself). The spdif output is assigned per track. I’m not sure if that’s how things work in Reaper but it may help

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Check this video out and see if you have a similar situation... (BTW, I have Reaper 5 on Win 10).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Check this video out and see if you have a similar situation... (BTW, I have Reaper 5 on Win 10).

That video doesn't help because he's talking about ASIO on Windows, which I don't have on a Mac. I'm connecting my Kemper to the Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB via two SPDIF cables. I've got my Kemper's input set to SPDIF Input Reamp, and the SPDIF Output set to Master Stereo. Here are the screenshots that I'm seeing along with a description. What am i supposed to change based on these screenshots?

This screenshot just shows my simple direct audio file on Track 1 and I'd like to Reamp it to Track 2.

This is the screen that comes up if I right-click on the record button for the Reamp Track (#2)

For the Reamp Track (#2) these are the inputs I have available for mono

For the Reamp Track (#2) these are the inputs I have available for Stereo

If I click on the in/out button for the direct track (#1) this is what shows.

Similarly, if I click on the in/out button for the Reamp Track (#2), this is what shows.

• If you have your Kemper Output Source Main Output at Master Stereo then the way you have that track armed (in pic) is only going to record from Input 1 (as check marked). If you select Stereo Input 1 / Input 2 in Reaper then you get your stereo effect on the one track.

You would need to add another track and select input 3 to get the DI source to record. Kemper Output Source Direct Output at Guitar Analog. I believe you run a TS cable from the back of Kemper Direct Out to your 3rd input on the audio interface. When you record you should hear a dry signal on that track.

• You would need to add another track and select input 3 to get the DI source to record. Kemper Output Source Direct Output at Guitar Analog. I believe you run a TS cable from the back of Kemper Direct Out to your 3rd input on the audio interface. When you record you should hear a dry signal on that track.

I'm even more confused now. The instructions above sound like how to record the direct/dry track. I've already got that part down. It's how to take that track and reamp it which I'm struggling with.

• I have looked at those, but I think the issue I'm having is more with Reaper settings than the Kemper. I'm 100% positive I've got the Kemper set up properly. But the Reaper I/O is what is confusing me.

• I have Kemper Main Outs (L&R) to Interface Inputs 1 & 2 for guitar and effects (Master Stereo). I have Kemper Direct Out to Interface Input 3 for my dry signal (Git Analog). I don't have SPDIF I/O on my interface, but I do have one SPDIF OUT on back of my Computer's sound card.

Is there a way to reamp with analog cables?

I also have 2 additional Line Outs on my interface. I am wondering if I can use one of those and send to the Kemper Return Input or Alternative Input for reamping?

Edited 4 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• BayouTexan , the problem I'm having is that when I click the little speaker icon to turn "Record Monitoring" On, I get MASSIVE feedback and squealing. If I leave it off, and hit the master Record button, the track will reamp fine, without feedback. But the problem there is that I can't listen to it while it's happening. What I'd like to be able to do is to listen to it while it's happening so that I can switch between rigs to test different rigs while the rest of the music is playing so I can find a rig that fits that song best.

Here is a screenshot of my current settings. The top track is the dry/direct track which recorded just fine. The bottom "Reamped Track" is where I'm trying to get the reamped sound. Again, it works, but I just can't listen to it while it's happening.

On both the dry track and the reamped track, these are the additional settings that appear if I right click on their individual record buttons on the track.

• I'm not sure your need to map SPDIF 1 and 2 (SPDIF 1 + SPDIF 2) for your reamp track. 1 is for input and 2 is for output (or vise-versa).

It seems that would cause a feedback loop. Try just using the one single SPDIF for each track. If SPDIF 1 is your dry signal then only SPDIF 2 should be your reamp signal.