Reamp, reaper, spdif, 8i6

• You want to send the dry signal back into the Kemper so the dry needs to be hooked up to a Kemper "input" (not an output) on reamping. That would be just the SDIF IN. You already have the Kemper outputs set as your main track (and Dry track). So it seems the main track is the one that should have the monitor ON.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You want to send the dry signal back into the Kemper so the dry needs to be hooked up to a Kemper "input" (not an output) on reamping. That would be just the SDIF IN. You already have the Kemper outputs set as your main track (and Dry track). So it seems the main track is the one that should have the monitor ON.

My head is spinning. So what exactly am I supposed to change in the Reaper settings for each track? When you say "main track", I'm assuming you're talking about the one I have labeled as "REAMPED TRACK", correct? The problem is, on that track if I engage the monitor On as you suggest (which makes sense), I get massive feedback. Is that because I've also got SPDIF1 selected as an input for the dry track above?

At this point, I just need to know what to change for settings. I don't even care about the "why" anymore because I'm at the point where I'm about to give up on the reamping process altogether.

• No, not reamp track. Main track is the one that has inputs that come from the back of the Kemper's main outs. That is what I meant. As this point, I am going to assume all your inputs and outputs are correct either way including how you are sending the dry signal track to the reamp track in Reaper.

I remember someone telling me a while back that you have to mute the track so you don't get feedback. By "mute", I mean to actually click the mute button (Square with M, next to S) on the track, not muting using the speaker icon for recording monitoring. I can't remember which track had to get muted though. Just try muting one at a time. It might be the dry signal needs to be muted when you play it back??

I'm trying to figure the SPDIF connections myself. I am all analog connections. I understand that the reamp track receives the dry signal and then only has to go one way ---> out -- back to the Kemper, and then Kemper sends the signal through its main outs (with the sound of the profile you selected) to the Input 1 (and 2 for stereo) of your DAW. The SDPIF connections are not L and R. They are In and Out.

Makes sense? I want you to make it work. I have no idea why Kemper does not provide more information on this subject.

• I've given up. Unless there is someone out there who uses both SPDIF connections and Reaper, none of this is making sense. I've followed instructions in every video I've seen (most aren't using Reaper). And the people who are using Reaper, tell you they're going to show you how to set everything up, but don't ever actually get around to showing the I/O pieces.

• We found this video that may help other Focusrite users having problems mapping their SPDIF in DAW...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.