Greetings From Ohio!!!

• Hello everyone,

I'm seriously, possibly, undoubtedly almost sure that I am going to purchase one of these fine Kemper units and had a couple questions:

Here's my situation:

I'm 56 and play at home exclusively and mostly at low volumes through either my Mesa Boogie Electra-Dyne or my 1966 Ampeg Reverberocket (both great amps). Naturally it's hard to get the best tone out of these at low volumes (especially the 90 watt Electra-Dyne). I also have a Fender Blues JR 1st edition (USA) that I rarely use.

I have a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB and a pair of JBL LSR 305 monitors and was wondering if this would be a good setup for the Kemper and would I be able to achieve good tone?

Also, at 56, will I be able to figure out the unit without spending more time tweaking than playing? Should I get the remote footswitch? I'm thinking it would be nice to have the presets once I figure out the tweaking for whatever mood I'm in! Finally, is there anything else I would need for my setup (as described above)?

I was also considering a Line 6 Helix but am leaning more toward the Kemper. Honestly, one reason is I was stationed in Regensburg, Germany in the Army ('84-'85) and consider Germany my second home... just loved it there!!!

Thanks so much in advance and God Bless!

• Welcome to the forum! I'm older than you by a ways, and the profiler is not going to be difficult to master IMO. As for the monitoring, I have the LSR305's and they sit in their boxes these days. I much prefer my DXR8, DXR10, or LD Systems Maui 11. However, we each hear things differently, so I suggest that you use your own ears for that :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome!

You'll be fine learning the Kemper paradigms, believe me.

As for buying the Remote as well: why not consider the Kemper Stage?

It's not only about Remote access but also about realtime control of parameters (morphing).

The Stage is the best all-in-one- package IMO, especially when you don't have your gear racked up.

• Thanks very much for the info!!!

I'll check out the monitors you mentioned Zappledan. I'll probably run them through my JBL's first though and at least give them a listen.

And Ingolf, I'll check out your suggestion as well. I had not even thought of that!

Thanks again!

• The Stage would theoretically be ideal but you may have to raise it for editing so you don't have to stoop / hunch over. If you can't conveniently raise and lower it, there's also the option of doing all your tweaking remotely via the Rig Manager app.

Yes, you should be able to achieve superb tones at any volume you choose, even really-low.

Welcome to the forum and hopefully the club soon, and God bless, mate. ;):saint:

• I am just a couple years younger than you and was using a the practice amp which I liked. I bought the power bundle (profiler, remote & kabinet) recently and I love it. Easy to use sounds great either through headphones ( when Mrs home) and at low volume. My advice is get yourself one you won't regret it.

• Thanks everyone!!!

Thank you Monkey_Man for the suggestion. I kinda like the idea of having whatever I buy up on the desk or a table to make tweaking convenient. I play sitting down at home pretty much all the time. Does the regular "toaster" unit have pre-sets or would I need the remote for that? I suppose I could set the Stage unit (as Ingolf suggested) on the desk or table as well.

I appreciate it!!

• Does the regular "toaster" unit have pre-sets or would I need the remote for that?

As Zapman said, it has Performances (banks of Presets to suit Remote / live use), but it also has "Presets" (Rigs), as do all the units. They all function the same way as they share the same software; only the form factors vary between models.

I suppose I could set the Stage unit (as Ingolf suggested) on the desk or table as well.

Actually, I suggested that, figuring you'd be like me and not be able to stoop or hunch over for extended periods.

If you want to be able to control things via your feet as well 'though, as I suggested, you'd need a way to be able to raise and lower the Stage as you switch between tweaking and playing. IMHO a Rack or Toaster with Remote would suit your needs better as you'll be able to do both at all times. The downside being that it'll set you back more than the Stage unit alone, but as you'd know, we quickly forget wallet pain if we're happily using and enjoying our music gear.

I appreciate it!!

The pleasure is all-mine, mate. ;)

• Hi and welcome to this forum. I think you will have a lot of fun with a Kemper.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! It is indeed an incredible machine that opens up a universe of great sounds! Personally I do not need too much tweaking so the majority of my time spent with the machine in rehearsals, gigs and mainly studio work is definitely spent with playing (and enjoying) :thumbup:8)

Greetings from your "second home"... not a hundred miles away from where the Kemper guys are sitting :)

• Welcome to the best forum out there. I'm 60 and went with powered toaster and remote. I like the convenience of editing on the toaster or thru Rig Manager. Both work well. Enjoy your new rig!!