Noob Amp Question: Marshall mg15cdr

• Brand new Profiler user (as in 3 days) and I'm wondering if I can use my Marshall MG15CDR 15 Watt Combo Amp for my output? I see a lot of threads with the output running through a cabinet but I'm wondering about the use of a solid state amp. Again, sorry for the basic noob question.

• Welcome to the forum :)

What kind of Profiler do you have ? Unpowered ? Powered ? Stage?

Connect to "Monitor Out" . ( NOT "Speaker Out" , if you got a powered Profiler )

You can use the Marshall, BUT it will sound like a small Marshall Combo and

limit the broad sound possibilities the Kemper Profiler was made for .......

Load a Mesa rig and it will sound like a Marshall Combo, load a Orange rig and it will sound

like a Marshall Combo, load a Dumble and it will sound like ........ You get the picture.

Use a powered studio monitor ( if you got any ) Or get a FRFR ( Full Range Flat Response )

Yamaha DXR-10 or Headrush 108 is often mentioned here on the forum .... Check them out.

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Hi and welcome to the forum!

As Hoki Toki said: A FRFR active Monitor is the best option to bring the sound to what you hear over headphones from the Kemper.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

Edited once, last by hafi19 ().

• Hi algorithm1010.

What are the first three words of a popular Gershwin song?

Congratulations on getting your Kemper Profiler.

You can run the Monitor output of a Kemper Profiler to the effects return of a guitar amp. That bypasses the preamp in the guitar amp. It looks like you don't have an effect loop in the Marshall MG15CDR. As the others have said, there are much better options.

Here are some resources for you.

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Rig Manager Download and Documentation

Kemper Tutorials & Demos

Cheers!

ST

PS - and the answer is: Al Go Rhythm.

• Brand new Profiler user (as in 3 days)

Great, welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper once it arrives. Definitely a great machine that opens up a universe of great sounds. Enjoy! :thumbup:8)

What are the first three words of a popular Gershwin song?

PS - and the answer is: Al Go Rhythm.

Whooaaah. Thanks for making my day ST 8o

• Thank you! This was extremely helpful and I definitely don't want everything to sound like a Marshall. The goal of obtaining the Kemper Profiler Head was, for me, the complete opposite.

I will definitely look into the suggested powered studio monitors or a FRFR.

Thanks again!

• Studio monitors is the way I would recommend for most people using the KPA at home but that is just my personal preference. The good news is you don’t need to spend a fortune to get decent sounding monitors. Of course you can spend as much as you want and more expensive monitors are generally better than cheaper ones but you can get a good sound from fairly modest monitors. In actual fact the acoustics of your room will probably make more difference many hundreds of pounds in speaker budget. Cheap speakers in a decent sounding room can sound very good but even £10,000 studio monitors will still sound like shit if the room sounds bad.