Looking for a trade for my Stage setup - Wife talked me into keeping it

• I just found out about the buy out yesterday myself.... that's just bad!

I hated to hear it but on the other hand, if Mesa was indeed in financial trouble, I'd much rather see this than what Peavey did (completely closing down their factory and selling out overseas, putting who knows how many good folks out of their jobs here in the U.S.)!

I'm guessing Gibson is just trying to get in to the amp making business with a well respected name with extremely high quality amps. Hopefully they will keep the Mesa name and leave the good people in California alone to keep doing what they do so well.... we'll see!

By the way, I have a Mesa Electra-Dyne (very similar cab as the Lonestar). Believe it or not, I got it at Guitar Center for 700.00 a couple years ago. It was a mess when I got it (no smoke smell), just really dirty. I completely disassembled it, thoroughly cleaned everything and the only repair needed was a new reverb tank. It turned out just beautiful in both sound and looks. The cleans are amazing!!! It's my favorite amp I've ever had, even over a Fender Princeton and a Pro Reverb (which were both also great).

So, keep your eyes open... There's a lot of good used stuff out there on both Reverb and Craigslist and also, you can do Nationwide searches at Guitar Center... you may be surprised at you you find.

If I see anything, I'll let you know. Maybe if you find a good deal on something used, you could keep your Kemper!:/

• So, keep your eyes open... There's a lot of good used stuff out there on both Reverb and Craigslist and also, you can do Nationwide searches at Guitar Center... you may be surprised at you you find.

If I see anything, I'll let you know. Maybe if you find a good deal on something used, you could keep your Kemper!:/

I did actually find a Lone start 212 combo that I almost traded straight for just the kemper. Once I looked up the weight on it I said no thanks. 80 lbs. Damn I am too old for that.